Wednesday 27 March 2019

A Smile for Today

He'd only just started when the door bell rang. She breathed relief but he looked out the window.

 "It's your mother," he said. "Stay here, we're not done."

 "Please Barry, don't let her come upstairs." She felt panic.


He left the bedroom. She heard him open the front door and greet her mother. Their voices went into the lounge, oh god he was going to make her a cup of tea. She heard them chatting, it was amiable, normal. She wanted to join them. Thirty minutes later their voices were in the hall.

 "Well thanks for the tea, Barry, and I hope Melanie's migraine gets better soon." The front door closed.

 Minutes later Barry re-entered the bedroom.

"I like your mom, she sends her best wishes by the way. If she only knew why her naughty daughter was really upstairs..."

Ronnie
xx

Let me know if  picture is yours.


13 comments:

Roz said...

Very nice pic Ronnie and a nice little story to go with it. Thank you for the smile :) Hope your week is going well.

Hugs
Roz

Ella said...

I think that stories with canes are your favorite, Ronnie. I was packing a suitcase for a short trip, and Sam said to be sure to pack the Loopy Johnny. As quiet as a cane at a hotel.

Hugs Across the Pond,
Ella

Anonymous said...

You know Ronnie, all of a sudden these cane pics of yours carry a whole new meaning for me. :) :) Loved the post.

Hugs -- shell

1ManView said...

😊 Nice story Ronnie, I even enjoyed the smile it gave me 😉




How's Grandma doing? After ten years I changed a diaper again. I had to laugh after looking at how crooked I had put it on... But it held the water back .. 😊

peace and love 🌹
1ManView



Enzo said...

Nice brief story scene and great picture. Thanks.

Best,
Enzo

Eric51Amy49 said...

That was a sweet fun story. Thanks!
Amy

QBuzz said...

I think it would be interesting if mother had come upstairs...
[Rolls her eyes] 'And what have you done this time young lady?'

Hermione said...

I thought the same as QBuzz. What if she had come upstairs to use the washroom, and had a peek into the bedroom (as m-i-ls tend to do)!

Hugs,
Hermione

Fondles said...

Liking this a lot! I'd have been nervous as hell tho.

NoraJean said...

What a great little short, Ronnie! ... nj ... xx

Blondie said...

Great story. I would have waited but it would have been hard.

Anonymous said...

A delightful little story, with a well chosen photo. MIL should come upstairs if you choose to continue little writings like this. (and I hope you do). Who knows, if we ever meet at your place, we will know why you have a migraine
bottoms up
Red

ronnie said...

Roz - Thanks. My pleasure. Happy you enjoyed it.

Ella - What makes you think that:) I hope you remembered to pack it. Thanks.

Shell - I know what you mean:) Thanks.

1ManView - Thanks. Congratulations. I've put a few crooked ones on as well:)

Enzo - Hello. Short and sweet. Thanks.

Amy - Thanks. Glad you enjoyed it.

QBuzz - LOL. That would have been funny, Thanks.

Hermione - I would have got under the bedcovers just in case. Thanks.

Fondles - So would I:) Thanks.

Nora Jean - Thanks so much.

Blondie - Thanks. I'd have had no choice other than to wait and yes, would have been hard.

Red - LOL. Thanks.

Love,
Ronnie
xx