Friday 29 March 2019

No such thing as a Free Lunch

Well that's what they say. But if you're a dominatrix and a Wetherspoon customer, there can be according to an article in The Sun.
The article is a couple of weeks old but I only saw it recently and I thought it was funny, especially as I met with fellow bloggers at a Wetherspoons pub in London, we had lunch but not for free. For non-UK readers, Wetherspoons is a national pub chain, I think one of the biggest in the UK, they serve food and also have accommodation at some of their places. You won't find them in a Michelin guide but they're nonetheless popular and successful.


It seems 'financial dominatrixes' (no, I'd never heard of them either) have taken to using them because they have an App, through which you can order and pay for your food and drinks, you enter your table number and staff serve you at your table. The staff don't know who's ordering and paying and I don't suppose they care, so these enterprising 'financial dominatrixes' are making their clients download the app and pay for them to eat and drink in their local Wetherspoons pub. The client might be, say, in Edinburgh and the pub hundreds of miles away in London but that doesn't matter. The 'dom' goes in for a slap-up meal and the client gets billed for it. Hilarious! And much less strenuous than having to whip them and all that stuff.




We've got a Wetherspoons place in our local town, I've been in there occasionally because it's close to an Italian restaurant we use sometimes and P likes a pint before eating. I shall be looking out for single women with tables loaded with food and drink if or when we go there again. Perhaps I could leave them a card and sell them some canes:)

Have a fun weekend.

Ronnie
xx


7 comments:

QBuzz said...

Definitely don't understand the appeal of this fetish. Surely would be more fun to spend the money getting whipped and then the dominatrix could spend her fee in Spoons anyway :D

Roz said...

Hi Ronnie, wow, interesting, I hadn't heard of this either. Definitely doesn't sound as much fun lol. Hope you have a wonderful weekend:)

Hugs
Roz

Blondie said...

I have heard of financial dommes and I even know one but she mostly gets clothes and jewelry. I hate sitting alone in a restaurant so I wouldn't like this.

Hermione said...

What an interesting concept! Never heard of it, but will watch for a Wetherspoon opening somewhere nearby.

Hugs,
Hermione

Anonymous said...

Without the actual spanking, I cannot understand this idea. But, if it works for some people, carry on!
bottoms up
Red

Fondles said...

this just feels a little bit strange to me - but to each their own right?

ronnie said...

QBuzz- Don't understand it either. Thanks.

Roz - I would love to know what their clients think. Thanks.

Blondie - I'd never heard of them before. Clothes and Jewellery she must have some good clients. Thanks.

Hermione - Strange. Wetherspoons only in the UK, Ireland and Wales. Thanks.

Red - I don't see what the clients gets out of it. Thanks.

Fondles - Me too, but thought it interesting to share. Thanks.

Love,
Ronnie
xx