Wednesday 24 June 2009

Never miss an opportunity, I say


There I was last night standing on a chair leaning right over the top of our freezer which I'd defrosted and was switching back on, the electric socket is in a stupid place. P came up behind me and swatted my backside, I knew he'd walked in so I didn't jump, he said to be careful standing on chairs, I should have asked him to do it so he could risk breaking his neck if anyone had to. Then he said on second thoughts it is an attractive position to find a dutiful wife in and swatted me a couple of time more for good measure.
Attractive position, eh, so next time I'm cleaning out cupboards or some other task requiring much bending and leaning I'll have to make sure he's at home, maybe do it in my undies, that should attract several swats to his dutiful wife and with a bit of luck relieve her from the drudgery of her wifely chores. I'm sure our cupboards would get sorted out more often and a sell-by date never be missed.
Ronnie
xx

10 comments:

Lady_Karen_Rebel said...

That sounds like a great idea to get the boring house work done...Either that or get your self a sub/maid & let him do the chores...{{{HeeHee}}}

Karen x

hestia said...

mmmmmmmm, sounds like an excellent idea to do when the painter is done here... and we have the house to ourselves again... lol...

hope you both enjoyed ;-)

love, Lessa
xxxxx

PK said...

Ronnie,
I'm afraid if Nick saw me leaned over cleaning the shock would be too much for his system and I'd find myself doing CPR. You have a good idea but I don't feel I could take the risk! LOL!

Hugs,
PK

Brambleberry Blush said...

Most excellent idea, Ronnie! We need to grab the opportunities as the arise. Let's see, what needs to be done today, cleaning under the bed? the kitchen floor? I know, the oven!

cheers!
Carly

Hermione said...

Tight cotton and spandex shorts are very comfortable to wear while doing housework. They help draw attention a husband's attention away from the dust bunnies you left behind.

Hugs,
Hermione

Tiggs said...

Ha, ha, ha! Good for P! But next time, tell him to whack you once you are OFF the chair! I have a real negative reaction with folks standing on chairs... my mom broke her hip standing on a less than 24" high stool!

Hugs! LOVE the pic!

Mrs M said...

I loved this post, and can so relate. Everytime I am within arms reach of my husband at the moment he seems to spank me (bent over or not lol!)

I think it is the summer heat personally ;-), but whose complaining? I'm very happy, just as I bet you were for your extra attention!

Mrs M x

ps..another great picture!

Meow said...

Love the picture! I'd like a chore list with swats for what I DO get done! I need the incentive! Meow

ronnie said...

Karen - That would be lovely but somehow I think P might object LOL.

Lessa - Plenty of fun for you both when the painters have gone :)

PK - LOL, no cleaning for you then.

Carly - Thanks. Not cleaning the oven though. A favourite of mine is polishing the table you have to lean right over :)

Hermione - Thanks for the tip, note on shopping list, tight cotton shorts.

Tiggs - I'll tell him you said so :)

Mrs M - Oh what a lucky girl you are.

Meow - Love that idea, I may have to suggest that to P.

Thank you all for stopping by.

Ronnie
xx

hestia said...

Ronnie... now how did you know about that fun I was to have... grinnnnnnn

love, Lessa