Monday 29 November 2021

Panic - not me

Hope you all enjoyed the weekend and our friends across the pond had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Last week we had a perfectly enjoyable night out with friends, a few drinks and a nice (overpriced) Italian meal in our nearby town. Good wine too, which was also a bit pricey but Puglian and just delicious so no complaints really. A new restaurant opened a few weeks ago, Michelin star experience behind it, we haven't tried it yet but probably will in the new year unless......unless we're all locked down again heaven forbid! (I hope with this new variant our vaccines will work against it).

I think many of us have started taking for granted that we can have nights out, cinema, theatre, sporting events etc etc and I really hope we don't have to go into reverse. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed and keeping calm but - just to be on the safe side - I've made three restaurant reservations in the last few days, all for first half of December so we can get together with family and friends that we would be seeing in the new year.  Hopefully we still will and wont be locked down) ) P told me I was wrong to do it and it will depend on others being able to fit in with their own plans anyway but so far so good.

Oh and I'm not a no-show person just in case anyone thinks it, we used to be in the business so I know it from both sides and if a booking can't be kept I'll cancel pronto and they can reallocate. Not panicking just hedging.

Stay safe.

Have a good week.

Ronnie
xx

10 comments:

Roz said...

Hi Ronnie, good on you I say. Very good idea to arrange dinners early to catch up with friends and family as you never know where this dreaded thing is headed. Fingers crossed you will also be able to repeat the dinners in the new year.

Hugs
Roz

morningstar said...

ya know ........ it's kinda nice to find someone else who's kinda panicking over this new variant. I heard about it late last week.. and then found out it had arrived in our province. I do not want to think about the holidays being pulled back for yet another year.

You hang in there - enjoy your early dinners out (I hope) and maybe you/we won't see more lockdowns.......... (fingers crossed)

Fondles said...

I'm also thinking about going out to dinners and such as 'quickly' as I can before we hit the brakes again and go back to no dining out or whatever.

Have a great December - meet the folks, eat the food, and have a jolly time!

Laxmi said...

The quality will remain long after the price is forgotten xD

I mind is the same for spanking: pleasure remains long after pain…

Anonymous said...

Great idea Ronnie. Tell P that if he thinks you are wrong then he should spank you for it. That way everyone wins.

PK said...

I keep telling myself that this new one is just different, not worse. That the vaccine will protect us completely and that it will die out soon. Yes, I know I'm wishing on a star. I'm still taking all precaution, but I'm trying to stay hopeful. I look forward to hearing about your wonderful meals out.

Hermione said...

We are also worried about the new variant. We have our boosters booked for late December, but hope that will be enough protection. No eating out for us just yet, although we both carry our proofs of vaccinations.

Hugs,
Hermione

Anonymous said...

Good Luck with your dinners out. Waiting here to see the outcome of having many things open here. We have had our booster, and will be going out to celebrate after 14 nights, when it will be the best protection we will have!
bottoms up
red

Anonymous said...

Getting the cane on my pale, unspanked, cold bottom is sooo very painful!

Sophie

ronnie said...

Roz - I shall the dinners now and hope we can repeat in the new year. Thanks.

Morningstar - It's quite scary. I will be a couple of weeks before scientists know more about this variant. Let's all enjoy now. Thanks.

Fondles - I am really keeping fingers crossed that Christmas isn't cancelled for everyone. Ejoy your dinners. Thanks.

Laxmi - You are totally right. Thanks.

Anonymous - I don't think it would work on this one. Thanks.

PK - We've had the two jabs plus the booster and now are Government are rushing to get as many people who have had two jabs to get the booster. Yes still take all the precautions we can. Thanks.

Hermione - Keeping fingers crossed that the booster do work. We have had ours. We don't have to show that we have had our vaccinations like other countries. That may change.

Red - I hope things don't change and you can go out for your dinner. We have had our booster a month ago.

Sophie - Maybe a warm up first:) Thanks.

Love,
Ronnie
xx