Monday 2 March 2020

The Wife

Just a re-post.

He rejected me. I feel stupid, he's so busy, I should have known.

I thought it would please him, I've planned it for days, chores undone, misplaced socks, crumpled shirts, the dress hire shop, fancy dress party I'd lied, and finally the note on the kitchen table detailing my failings, surely I deserved to be punished. But he didn't punish, he asked what was for dinner, said if I was too pushed we'd hire a domestic, said the uniform was nice and sat down with his laptop. I'm upstairs now, he'll come looking for me I know he will, he loves me.

Have a good week.

Ronnie
xx

5 comments:

Roz said...

Great piece Ronnie, and well written. Something familiar to most of us at times. Hope you have a wonderful week :)

Hugs
Roz

Hermione said...

He sounds considerate but clueless to me. She'll be waiting a long time. Maybe she should serve him a paddle for dinner.

Hugs,
Hermione

Aimless Rambling said...

As Hermione said, considerate but clueless. I too think she'll be waiting a while until a hammer strike to his head.

1ManView said...

Great short story Ronnie. I must come back and read the comments. So far Hermione and Aimless Rambling comments has me cracking up. 😊

peace and love
1Manview

ronnie said...

Hermione - She maybe should have left the paddle with the note as me may have taken the hint. Thanks.

SG - LOL. Thanks.

1MV - Thanks. Their comments made me smile.

Love,
Ronnie
xx