Wednesday 11 December 2019

A Christmas Meme

This is a fun meme Hermione posted a few years ago. As it's the festive season I decided to do it again as some of my answers have changed.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Wrapping paper



and gift bags for some


2. Real tree or artificial? 
Real. This year P thinks we should use our old artificial one because of Granddaughter being around. Would be safer. We'll see.

3. When do you put up the tree?
Usually about 10 days before Christmas.


4. When do you take the tree down?
New Year's day.

5. Do you like eggnog?
Definitely not. Hate the stuff.

6. Favourite gift received as a child?
A nurses outfit.

7. Hardest person to buy for?
Normally my dearest. Happily this year I know exactly that he wants, boring but practical - a drill. He's chosen it and I've paid for it:)


8. Easiest person to buy for?
Granddaughter:):)


9. Do you have a nativity scene?
Not these days/


10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
Always send my Christmas snail mail.




11. Worst Christmas gift ever received.
Used toiletries from ex SIL.

12. Favourite Christmas movie?
A Christmas Carol. I also like to watch Love Actually.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
Usually never before 1st December. This his year I did buy a couple at the end of November.


14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present o a local charity.
Yes a couple of items. 

15. Favourite thing to eat at Christmas?
Christmas pudding. I'm making my own again this year thanks to a lovely easy recipe from a fellow blogger.

16. Lights on the tree; coloured or white? 
I like white, P prefers coloured lights and I think that's what we'll be going for this year. 


17. Favourite Christmas song?
No real favourite.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
I prefer to be home but not always possible. This year we're not a home.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
I had to stop and say their names before I could answer. I left one out. My favourite is....




20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
We have both. Last year I didn't have anything on the top.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
Christmas morning.

22. Favourite ornament theme or colour?
We have a couple of old ornaments from when son was small and they always go on the tree.  I  don't have colour themes. 


23. Favourite for Christmas dinner?
Turkey with all the trimmings except sprouts.

24. What do you want for Christmas this year?
Perfume as I'm nearly out of my favourite. I bet you thought I'd say a red bottom.

25. Who is most likely to respond to this?
P.

Ronnie
xx

8 comments:

Roz said...

Love this Ronnie, enjoyed reading your answers. Perfume and a red bottom?:)

Hugs
Roz

Anonymous said...

sounds like you ex SIL and you got along, NOT. wow, the nerve of her.

Baxter

PK said...

Great meme! You'd be will to accept two gifts wouldn't you? Perfume and a red bottom too, as Roz suggested. When LJ was the age of your granddaughter we put the tree in the playpen. Worked great!

morningstar said...

I thoroughly enjoyed reading your answers! don't be surprised if this meme shows up over on the Journey in the next week or so..... my writing inspirations seem to be drying up :)

ohhhhh and for the record right about now I think I would take a red bottom over just about anything .........

Hermione said...

Real or artificial tree - NO tree is safe from a baby!

I hope you get everything you hope for this Christmas.

Hugs,
Hermione

Anonymous said...

Fun to read, and I have yet to even write Christmas cards. Still recovering form the time change
bottoms up
Red

Aimless Rambling said...

Love this. Gonna steal it.

ronnie said...

Roz - Thank you. I do enjoy a meme.

Baxter - To this day I don't know whether it was a mistake or not. Thanks.

PK - Thanks. Yes perfume and a red bottom would go down very well. Son and DIL have theirs in the playpen, we don't have one.

Morningstar - Thank goodness for memes when our writing inspirations are lacking. Thanks.

Hermione - I agree. I think we'll only have half a tree ip this year if we can manage it. Thanks.

Red - Thanks. Hope you had fun on your travels.

Love,
Ronnie
xx