Monday 17 June 2019

Too much water

Water is good for us and a much too taken-for-granted resource, we all know that, but having just spent a week in the middle of the waterways of the Norfolk Broads, I can say the expression 'too much of a good thing' wouldn't be far wrong, at least for me. The fact that we had rain (heavy at times) and showers every single day didn't help. There was a little bit of sun on the first and last days but then on our drive home, about an hour away from our destination, the heavens opened again and we had torrential rain on the M6 motorway.

So, although I very much appreciate the beauty and nature of the place we have just visited, I have seen enough water to last me a while. The house we stayed in was literally on the edge of the water overlooking the river on one side and a marina on the other. The local village about a twenty minute walk was lovely, but not best appreciated after dodging huge puddles along the way and thanking Land Rover drivers for doing their best but not always succeeding to not splash us as they passed, and even those who lived and worked locally told us it was the wettest week they could remember for ages.

I enjoyed the break, met some lovely people and visited Norwich city, which I'd never been to before. Food was good in pubs and restaurants, particularly a local fresh seafood restaurant which P said was far too cheap for what they were offering, not that he was complaining.

There was another problem, apart from the weather, and that was I didn't get spanked. Not even once and I deserved to be a dozen times for complaining to P about the rain, my boots getting ruined and other little things which were definitely spanking material in my book. I suppose the thin walls didn't help, we were in company too so I guess I couldn't really expect to be taken in hand the way I deserved to be. Perhaps if I remind P about it now that we're back...


Have a good week. I've a busy one.

Ronnie
xx

11 comments:

NoraJean said...

I'll bet you're spanked soundly before the week is out, Ronnie ... lol! ... it's always good to get away even when it's soggy ... nj ... xx

Roz said...

Hi Ronnie, I'm glad you enjoyed the break, good food and meeting new people. Sorry it was a bit too soggy though. I too bet you won't have to wait too long for a spanking:)

Hugs
Roz

Eric51Amy49 said...

Sounds like you need a vacation from your vacation! Glad you got some time away but maybe after a good spanking you'll be able to look back at it more fondly.
Amy

Glenmore said...

If your husband is like me , you are in for quite a spanking when you least expect it Ronnie!

Hermione said...

Once you have both dried out, I predict a catchup spanking or three!

Hugs,
Hermione

Ella said...

Ronnie,
I'll bet he will have his say before you even get the laundry caught up. Sorry about your holiday though. We had a trip like that once to San Antonio, Texas. We found a good piano bar on the Riverwalk, and that was where we stayed.

Hugs From Ella

PK said...

I wished you'd had better weather for your get-away. You could have come here. The past week has been the best weather week I've ever seen and I've been here over 60 years. Low 70's, sunny, light breeze and no humidity - it was like heaven! I hope you are soon spanked for your complaining.

Anonymous said...

Unfortunate that your vacation was so soggy, and having company you knew or at least saw daily, with thin walls separating living areas, makes spanking only a wishful dream. Hope you get spanked this week, without having to ask for one. However, asking is not a sin, but as Danielle states accurately, the spanker DECIDES!
bottoms up
Red

an English Rose said...

Hi Ronnie , you should have popped round for a cup of tea! It has hardly stopped raining for a minute though.
Love Jan xx

Graham said...

What was the name of the sea food restaurant in Norwich?

ronnie said...

NoraJean - You re right there. Thanks.

Roz - The food was very good, fresh fish which we both love. Thanks.

Amy - You are right, I did. Thanks.

Glenmoretales - Quite a spanking, yes. Thanks.

Hermione - We've caught up now:) Thanks.

Ella - It was a shame about the weather but hay ho, no more complaining from me, P made sure of that:) Thanks.

PK - We are nearly at the end of June so keeping fingers crossed July is better. Thanks.

Red - I don't mind asking when I'm desperate:) Thanks.

Jan - I am sorry never thought, would have been great. Thanks.

Graham - The fish restaurant we ate in was in Horning not Norwich. Thanks.

Love,
Ronnie
xx