Friday 10 May 2019

Brain Fog

I didn't even know the expression until my husband said it a couple of weeks ago. For those not familiar with it, it's pretty much what you might think, your brain not seeing things clearly. There can apparently be various reasons for it and, just like real fog, it can come and go. P mentioned it to me in the context of alcohol and I shall briefly explain why and how it led to a spanking.

You see going back several weeks, P had a particularly unpleasant migraine, he gets them infrequently and always has but this was a nasty one and he was zonked out. He didn't drink (alcohol) for a couple of days after which was unusual as it went into a weekend and he always has a drink on weekends especially if we're out or have guests around. And he sometimes does week nights for that matter and has done all his life. (No he's not alcohol dependent or anything near). The bottom line was that he had a clearer head in the mornings and he 'heard' what was being talked about in the evenings and was amused and surprised at the clarity with which he recalled things.

He didn't tell me any of this until several days later half way into the following week. I'd noticed his abstinence and mentioned it and asked him if he was OK. He told me he was definitely OK and not to worry he wasn't turning tea-total, just testing himself. He said he hadn't realised how brain fog must have slowed him down at times in the past, usually mornings needless to say, and how refreshing it was to wake up and get up with no sign of it. He also said he slept better. He said I should try it.

Now I don't drink every day anyway and I don't drink hard liquor but I do enjoy a beer or a glass of wine. I told him thanks for the advice but I'd stay as I am and risk the fog. He's imbibing again now but not as often or as much as he was before that migraine and he's even drunk a pint of coke, the sugar free stuff, when out.

Now we get to the part that got me spanked. We were in a restaurant, one we use on and off, and they do a really nice Puglian wine which we always order but on this occasion P asked if they had any non-alcoholic wine (I almost choked on an olive) and when they said they hadn't, ordered a jug of iced tap water and asked me if I wanted a beer. I said I'd pass for now but when the girl went for the water I let rip. I told him I didn't want beer I wanted my usual wine and that's what he better order when she came back. He said he'd ask if they had half bottles, I said don't bother they won't, just get the normal bottle. He said I'd be the only one drinking it, I said that was fine we'd cork it and take it home with us. I was a bit annoyed, I hadn't thought of his new found anti-fog fad affecting such pleasures, well I'd say almost essentials actually, basic human rights even.

So the bottom line was I drank a bit more than half the bottle, well more than half that at the end of the evening P said it wasn't worth taking home. So I poured what was left of it into my glass and said I wasn't going to waste it and if he didn't want to share such simple pleasures with me any more that was his problem. He didn't let me drink it, he physically put his hand over mine to stop me and then got up to leave. I thought about slugging it back but that would have looked bad so I got up too and we left. I had a bit of a go at him again in the street on the walk back to the car, no hand on bum stuff. Boring.

We had a quite drive home because neither of us was speaking until we got near our road when he told me he was going to spank me for my behaviour and attitude. I told him he wasn't and he told me we'd see about that when we got in. Well he was right, he did spank me, he never spanks me if he's had a drink himself but I guess he had no qualms about doing it now he hadn't had a drink. It was hard, he took me upstairs to the bedroom and pulled my jeans and knickers down before putting me across his lap, half on the bed, and spanking me. I made quite a fuss, indignant as I was, and told him very clearly with a few choice expletives for good measure that I didn't and wouldn't be sharing his 'experiment' with alcohol. He told me he didn't want or expect me to but he did expect me to act responsibly when we were out and he spanked me harder, until I'd stopped swearing and apologised.

He left me on the bed and went downstairs. It wasn't particularly late and I followed ten minutes later. He was sitting watching Newsnight with a glass of Rioja next to him! There was an empty glass on the table and he asked me if I'd care for one. I sullenly accepted but put my hand up at a small glass, just to show I had listened to him.

The air had been cleared I suppose but I'm still not best pleased at the prospect of going out and not being able to indulge a little bit. We will have to have a grown up discussion about it, not one with me stretched horizontally across his lap. 


Have a fun weekend.

Ronnie
xx 

14 comments:

Roz said...

Hi Ronnie,

I had heard the term brain fog and alcohol can definitely be a cause.

Oh dear, I can definitely see how this can cause issues in social situations. Maybe you will have to switch to ordering by the glass instead, though that is more expensive.

I'm glad you cleared the air, but yeah, maybe another conversation with you not horizontal is in order.

Hugs
Roz

PK said...

Oh my! This really made me think of Cassie ane Tom!

Ella said...

Ronnie,
Only advice I have is to give it some time. P seems to have gourmet leanings and so many times, there is a wine recommended to accompany the meal. The two go hand in hand. Can't see anyone who appreciates good food, ignoring the wine.

Couldn't help but think of theses words to toast by......
BOTTOMS UP!

Hugs Across the Pond,
Ella

Aimless Rambling said...

Brain fog - I wake up with that most morning but not from drink, but allergies.

Our kids are wine drinkers and I can't imagine them going through a social evening without wine. Glad P is back to imbibing now and then.

Terpsichore said...

oh dear
seems like a good conversation in your future
hope you find a happy balance so you can enjoy your wine and more fun spankings over his lap...
Hugs

Anonymous said...

ou got what you deserved

Hermione said...

I never thought that brain fog was caused by alcohol but must exoeriment and see if it's true.

Enjoy your weekend!

Hugs,
Hermione

Fondles said...

I was just mentioning to BIKSS this morning how these days we don't go round to the local pub anymore when we're on vacation. On account of I've stopped drinking anything alcoholic. And bars are notoriously expensive for just a glass of coke. He hasn't made a fuss about it, but when we are at dinner and there's an alcohol menu he'll go ahead and have his beer if he's in the mood for one. Altho it has become more and more rare.

All I can say is (and I'm tryin SO hard not to sound condescending but I suspect there's no way around it) having LESS alcohol can only be a good thing. (She says.. having just finished her cancer and nutrition course...)

But that's not the point is it?

Good luck with having that adult conversation. As Roz said, maybe it's time to switch to ordering by the glass.

Ozarkhillbillyhippie said...

Having tried to drink myself to oblivion I do understand brain fog clearing But I still have the odd ale now and then so I can understand both points Hope your bum does not get too heated after the talking is done-

Ozarkhillbillyhippie said...

Having tried to drink myself to oblivion I do understand brain fog clearing But I still have the odd ale now and then so I can understand both points Hope your bum does not get too heated after the talking is done-

Anonymous said...

Really a well deserved spanking, as trying to drink an entire bottle yourself would have you feeling unwell by the morning. Being cool after the spanking was not your best reaction, as both you and I started TTWD by asking to be spanked, for fun, or when the partner determines it is needed. Best have that discussion about how much either of you Should drink, followed by another spanking and making love.
Bottoms up
Red

ronnie said...

Roz - We'll see after the talk. Yes wine by the glass is expensive. Thanks.

PK - LOL. Yes. Thanks.

Ella - Good advice. Thanks.

SG - Sorry about your allergies. I wouldn't want to. Thanks.

Terps - I'm biding my time. Thanks.

Anymous - I suppose I did. Thanks.

Hermione - I'd never heard of alcohol and brain fog. Thanks.

Fondles - I don't drink much but when I go out and I like my wine with food. Coke is expensive here as wine by the glass is. Thanks

Ozarkhillbillhippie - Hello. So do I. Thanks.

Red - Sounds good. Thanks.

Love,
Ronnie
xx

Lea said...

I'm glad that he is feeling better... I would have a similar reaction to being thinking that I was being told I wasn't to do something because THEY were abstaining. But I could see the brattiness there that warranted a spanking.

I hope you both are enjoying your wines and spirits again!

ronnie said...

Lea - Hello. Just the wine no spirits:) Thanks.

Love,
Ronnie
xx