Wednesday 8 May 2019

Bottoms Up - PK

Thanks for joining me for another 'Bottoms up'

This week we have one from friend and fellow blogger PK over at New Beginning.

PK says her favorite implement is the doggin' bat. 


It's traditionally used in barrels racing, with horses. It's leather and makes a wonderful slapping sound.  It's two pieces of leather sewn together part way up, but the ends slap together when it's used. There is a light metal rod inserted to keep the handle firm.  It can be ordered from an equestrian store and they are not expensive. It's great for light play, but it can pack a wallop when used with a little force. It's sometimes referred to as a pig-slapper, but NOT at our house! 

Thanks PK. We still have the one you sent me and I love the sound when it's used.

Don't forget, if any bottoms, male or female who would like to do a review of their least (or favourite) implement (you don't have to have a blog) and why, please email me ronniesoul@gmail.com. I'll keep it secret if it's just for me but if it's OK for me to post it please say so. Pictures are always good.


See you next Wednesday for another 'Bottoms Up'.

Ronnie
xx

11 comments:

Roz said...

Thank you Ronnie and PK. It sure looks like it can pack a punch if desired!

Hugs
Roz

Rosie Jones said...

I remember PK’s fondness for the doggin’ bat, Ronnie. I had to laugh at the ‘pig slapper’ comment, I’m sure Nick wouldn’t dream of calling it that!
Rosie xx

Ella said...

Love these reader reviews, Ronnie. Thanks ever so much for thinking of this survey. Hope there are more.

Anything leather makes my ears perk up. Think this will go on my wish list. Thanks to PK too.

Hugs Across the Pond,
Ella

Aimless Rambling said...

I love the doggin bat - it's my favorite too.

QBuzz said...

Never heard of this but it sounds good. We had a similar 'slapper' from a sex shop that had two flappy bits to slap together and make a better sound when it was used. It's long-since worn out now though!

Baker said...

I've never seen anything like that, but cool idea!
--Baker

Hermione said...

I agree with PK and A.R. It's one of my favourites too. I love the sound and the feel. They're easy to find online.

Hugs,
Hermione

ronnie said...

Roz - I think its bark is worse than its bite:) Thanks.

Rosie - Funny name when nothing to do with pigs. Thanks.

Ella - Thanks. There are a few more. Leather for me too.

SG - I wouldn't say my favourite but I do like it. Thanks.

QBuzz - Sounds like very similar to PK's dogging bat. Thanks.

Baker - I hadn't until PK mentioned in one of her posts. Thanks.

Hermione - I love the sound of it too. Couldn't get one in the UK so PK sent me one. Thanks.

Love,
Ronnie

Terpsichore said...

looks like fun...maybe that will be the next implement I buy... :-)

PK said...

Thanks for hosting my favorite here! It's a lovely implement! Everyone should try it!

ronnie said...

Terrps - I think it's a fun implement. Has a nice sound. Thanks.

PK - You are welcome and yes I think everyone should try it. Thanks for sending me one.

Love,
Ronnie
xx