Monday 29 October 2018

Bums and Nipples scare the US

So says the Sunday Times (you will only be able to read a small part of the article) in one of its editorial articles.

I'm not sure how it made the editor's column which usually considers more weighty matters. The lead actor in Sunday night's John Le Carre TV adaption of 'The Little Drummer Girl', Florence Pugh, said that the nude scenes in the drama had to be toned down for US audiences, saying:-

“America is quite scared of bums and nipples,” she said. “I don’t know why. Such strange people.”

Oh dear Florence, that won't endear you to some of the Americans I know. The Brits however, the article points out, do love a bit of cheek and it reminds us of Tom Hiddleston's bum in The Night Manager (well who could have objected to that). Then the article goes downhill and asks where the line should be drawn and tells us that Member of Parliament Michael Fabricant has announced that he will be partaking in a naked bike ride in aid of charity.

Now that scared me. Michael Fabricant is our local MP! He's visited our offices a few times, I've passed the time of day with him and P has chatted briefly with him a couple of times and to be honest he seems like a really nice guy compared with most politicians. He can often be seen around town outside a cafe sipping coffee or in one of the bars having a beer. But please, Michael, let us not see you riding through the town naked. I'll give money to the charity just to not have you do it:)


Have a good week,

Ronnie
xx

13 comments:

Roz said...

LoL Ronnie, I wonder what our American friends will say?

Hugs
Roz

Rosie Jones said...

I haven’t found our American friends to be prudish, quite the reverse! This programme was made for TV, so perhaps it had to be toned down.
I hope your MP doesn’t set a trend, I’d hate to see ours riding naked. Bad timing too, now that the weather’s turned!
Rosie xx

Fondles said...

I suppose in theory (and when it's far removed from me) I could get behind a naked bike ride. But if it's one's very own MP then um, perhaps like you, I wouldn't want it to happen either. :)

Loura_D said...

One for every minute still left on the clock. He’ll be encouraged to hold out. Unfortunately for him, with my hand on his cock, I don’t think he’ll last that long. I know he’s a premature ejaculator. Alexandra Snow C4S

Hermione said...

Hi Ronnie,

I enjoyed The Night Manager and remember that bum very well! There are quite a few bums and nipples on some cable channels that we get in Canada so I guess we are made of sterner stuff.

Would I want to see our Premier, Doug Ford, naked on a bicycle? Not in a million years! Our MP? Hmmm...maybe!

Hugs,
Hermione

PK said...

LOL! Reminds me of when my partner and I wanted our principal to do something he wasn't inclined to do. We entertained the idea of storming his office removing all our clothes and refusing to put them back on until he agreed to our demands!

Boosghost2 said...

I think it is just that we are more relaxed here in the the Great White North, although, I really dont need to think about Doug Ford that way!

Boo

Ella said...

Well, the Americans you know are not prudish, but I will agree with Florence What's Her Name. American censorship is still in the dark ages! Besides bums and nipples being taboo, swear words are a big no-no.

Luckily the biggest cable networks bring us shows and series with a little more realism. And, yes, Ella just checked out Tom Hiddleston's bum. No objections here.

Hugs Across the Pond,
Ella

Aimless Rambling said...

I agree we seem to be a nation of puritans -
I also agree with you that I would pay money to have some or most of our politicians not ride naked.

Our Bottoms Burn said...

Thanks for the heads-up. I downloaded it this morning, not for bums and nips, but because I am a John Le Carre fan.

I am fine with pols naked, but my preference would be to lock them up.

Anonymous said...

I imagine it depends whether it is on the major channels(NBC,ABC,CBS) but Netflix, HBO, and other specialty channels show a lot of skin.

I am happy your MP would ride naked, and wish more people would be willing to do so. Nudity is healthy, and gets rid of pretentious bullsh*t.
bottoms up
Red

ronnie said...

Roz - We know now:) Thanks.

Rosie - Nor have I. I'll report back if he does. Thanks.

Fondles - Yeah I could do a naked bike ride, but out MP riding through the town naked, god forbid. Thanks.

Loura - Don't think you are reading what the others are:) Thanks.

Hermione - Your MP must be quite a dish then:) Thanks.

PK - That would have got his attention Thanks.

Boo - It doesn't bear thinking about:) Thanks.

Ella - LOL. It doesn't surprise me that you checked out Tom's bum:) Didn't realise that American censorship is a bit behind the times. Thanks.

SG - Except all our friends here. Maybe I should start a petition, pay to the charity to stop him riding naked. Thanks.

OBB - That's what you tell us:) Thanks.

Red - Yes, we have Nextflix. I can assure you, you wouldn't want to see our MP riding naked through the little town. Thanks.

Love,
Ronnie
xx

Anonymous said...

So, it seems from the article and comments that "nipples and bums" scare Brits & Canadians too............IF they are on a politician. It seems an odd point of contention. ;-)