Thursday 7 June 2018

Throw Back Thursday


This happened ages ago even before I posted it in 2010.

I'd popped into the office down the corridor from us to drop off a letter which had been mixed up in our mail (we're in large office building with multiple different bushiness) and there was Margaret and two girls her boss always uses from a temp agency when he needs extra office help huddled around one of the computers.

''Haven't you got any work to do,'' I quipped. I went over and sat on the desk and took a look at what they were amusing themselves with, there were several tabs running, the one they were looking at was a spanking site (I didn't know it), I couldn't believe it. Then Margaret said she'd gone onto the Internet to see if she could find an article that appeared in the local journal about a local lady who'd been providing - ahem - disciplinary services (totally true, I'd read it myself) not so far away from us because Helen and Carol (who are not local) said they didn't believe her. I don't know if they found what they'd been looking for but they certainly found this spanking site.

Then Margaret totally stunned me and said she'd visited a shop with a girlfriend once which supplied discipline and bondage gear and that it was quite exciting although she didn't do that kind of thing herself, her husband would think she'd gone mad if she ever suggested it. But she went on to say her friend told her there were lots of women who were into bondage and some even get spanked but it's something that's never mentioned and that her friend told her she gets spanked by her husband. How true that is I don't know, I just couldn't believe what I was hearing, that she would even mention such a thing or even know somebody who was into spanking. I was totally speechless.

From the look on their faces the two temp girls were totally shocked and told Margaret not to be silly and to stop joking, how could anybody allow their husbands to do that. One of the girls turned to me and said what did I think, could it be true, would you let your husband do that to you, now what could I say, I'm sure I must have gone red but luckily at that point my phone went, it was a business call and I left their office to take it outside. After the call I started thinking hold on, what if Margaret starts clicking on some more spanking sites or maybe she has even by some slim chance found me and that was why she was mentioning it to see my reaction, to see what I would say. Then I thought what if she could trace my blog back to our office address because I've often posted from here.

I flew back to our office and said that's it I'm finished, have we got proper security here, I'm not writing again, or coming to the office again for that matter - of course P didn't know what I was on about but then, amused when I told him, he came over and put his arm round me and told me not to worry my cover couldn't be blown, he reckoned it was millions to one against and she wouldn't be sure of anything, no way.

Phew! so I wont be outed. He said maybe she even bookmarked me or even commented under a different name, wouldn't that be amusing and neither side would know it.

Margaret's left now and has in fact moved away from the area, her boss has also moved offices. So with P's endorsement I posted it with a few cosmetic changes but in essence it's actually what happened.

I know protecting identity is of great concern to all of us and I'm no different. and of course not because I see TTWD as wrong, just people in our offices wouldn't be ready for the real me. They would be totally stunned.

Ronnie
xx

13 comments:

Ella said...

I am loving Throwback Thursday, Ronnie. Good old post, and I enjoyed it. For most of my life, if anyone starts talking about spanking, I am petrified that they know my secret. Do I really appear disinterested when my face turns red?

Hugs Across the Pond,
Ella

Roz said...

Hi Ronnie,

I'm really enjoying Throwback Thursday posts. What an interesting encounter! Since 50 Shades many of us have probably been in situations where the topic of spanking comes up. I usually try and keep my mouth shut and not join in lol.

Hugs
Roz

PK said...

LOL! This goes along perfectly with my post today. It fear is 99% gone from me now, but I do remember.

Baker said...

Very good choice for a tbt. Have a great rest of your week! Very interesting post.
--Baker

Windy said...

The privacy thing really does scare me still ... evening commenting on Hermione's blog just a couple months ago was very scary... yet liberating as well. I have found myself in a situation or two in person where someone refers to spanking .... and I felt okay with it and just went with the flow like "Oh that would be interesting," or "So I need to be spanked for that, huh?" and I was NOT talking to Storm. I wasn't the person to bring it up, however and all of this was in a joking manner. Thank God I do not blush.

I enjoyed your story, Ronnie! So glad for this TBT to get to know each of your stories better !

Windy

Rosie Jones said...

I worried a bit when I was a Parish Councillor - imagine the gossip in a small village!
Rosie xx

abby said...

Yes...when I was still teaching, I was very worried about what a computer savvy 13 year old could find. Enjoyed reading your accounts...hugs abby

Our Bottoms Burn said...

I doubt facts can quell the irrational fear of being outed, but folks there ain't no way anyone, excluding law enforcement with a warrant, can trace a blog or an email to you. And in the case of gmail, it just not possible to trace.

Hermione said...

What a story! There is a lot of interest out there about spanking, but Margaret probably wouldn't have found your blog. Anonymity and privacy are of great concern to most of us. When I did a lot of volunteer church work, I was even afraid to let anyone know I was not married to my partner.

Hugs,
Hermione

Minielle Labraun said...

Oh I can picture your face and the horror of someone finding out!
I love your TBT! I still remember the post you wrote on how you started spanking....Something about being lost...Talking about spanking with P..... He naturally took to the idea!

ronnie said...

Ella - The older I get the more I don't particularly care if anyone knows though I wouldn't like son finding out. Thanks.

Roz - I try to make words to do with spanking when I play scrabble and get the look from P:)Thanks.

PK - I loved your post. I don't fear as much now. Thanks.

Baker - Thank you. Enjoy your weekend.

Windy - Thank you. Even now my stomach does a little dance when I hear the word spanking.

Rosie - Of my, that would be the gossip of the year in a small village. Thanks.

Abby - Thanks. As a teacher you would have had to be very careful.

OBB - I know but I don't worry so much about it now. Thanks.

Hermione - It was just a shock to see and hear them talking about spanking. Not being married wouldn't have gone down with your church work if they had found out. Thanks,

Minelle - I just couldn't believe what they were looking at. Thanks.

Love,
Ronnie
xx

Anonymous said...

Ronnie,
We are away. Forgive me for being late. When I first began blogging, I thought the whole world would soon know all about my being a spanko. Great flashback.
Meredith

Anonymous said...

The two temp girls were totally shocked that men/husbands spank their girlfriends/wives? They need to get out more often. You should have told them that it is also not uncommon for that to happen in reverse - and then watch their faces!

The best answer is - to laugh. A wink and smile. "Whatever floats 'yer boat!"

My line: "....well, as long as you don't scare the dog!"

A.J.