Wednesday 10 August 2022

Men subjugated

A reader sent me some pictures (these are just some of them) taken from music gigs, private parties, a tv yogurt ad, an Indian movie etc, they have a common theme women in control and men used as playthings. The point she made, which I agreed with, was that if women had been depicted as playthings with men in control all hell would have broken loose and they would most likely have been forced off air.

But this way around - did anyone seriously complain; were the Spice Girls or the Sugababes concerts boycotted because of their raunchy use of men, did people stop eating a well known yogurt because Amanda Holden was portrayed (amusingly I thought) treating men as scantily clad servants, was Madonna's career dented when the private party shots were sneaked out to the press? No I think not.

Funny how things go.







Ronnie
xx


7 comments:

Roz said...

Nice hot pics Ronnie. You are right though, all hell would break loose if women were portrayed as playthings. It shouldn't really be ok when men are portrayed this way.

Hugs
Roz

PK said...

I noticed this disparity back when the news shows were talking about 50 Shades when it first came out. They showed some men tied up, and a short scene of a man being lightly whipped, but they NEVER depicted a woman being spanked or anything like that. I guess they're all kinds of discrimimation.

selkie said...

I think a lot of the issue is that men are generally seen to be responsible for their choices, while women are often seen to be coerced or forced into certain roles. In our society, even today, men exercise far more authority - and women continue to be subject to the patriarchy. Just look at what is happening in the U.S. Free choice is the right of any adult, male or female, but the concept is often not the reality.

Hermione said...

Seems par for t he course for Madonna to be in a pic like that. Never saw the yougurt ad before, nice one!

Hugs,
Hermione

Fondles said...

It's true that if it had been women portrayed this way all hell would break loose. But I'm also in agreement with Selkie (above) that these situations didn't cause too much uproar because the general feeling is that if a guy is in that position, he must allow / enjoy / choose it. However if a woman is in the same position it must be the guy who put her there. I don't like it one bit.

Anonymous said...

fun to see. The woke generation is very particular of how they are offended. However, I do not like to see women in any subserviant role, as they have been portrayed that way ever since I was born, so long ago. I love these portrayals.
bottoms up
red

ronnie said...

Roz - No, not ok at all. Thanks.

PK - Yes, I think there are all different kinds. Thanks.

Selkie - Yes I agree. I was thinking the same as Fondles. Thanks.

Hermione - I've seen a couple of others of Madonna in pics like that. That ad isn't on TV any more. Thanks.

Fondles - I was think the same and I don't like it. Thanks.

Anonymus - Thanks.Yes have been for far too long.

Love,
Ronnie
xx