Monday 2 November 2020

The name's Bond, James Bond

Sadly Sir Sean Connery has died at the age of 90. The first to play James Bond in Dr. No in 1962. RIP.
 

Thomas Sean Connery was born in the Fountainbridge area of Edinburgh. He left school at 13 with no qualifications and did all sorts of work before joining the Royal Navy. 3 years later he was invalidated out of service with stomach ulcers. After the Royal Navy he did what he could, drove trucks, worked as a lifeguard and even did nude modelling. He spent his spare time bodybuilding.

A keen footballer,  Sean was good enough to attract the attention of Matt Busby, who offered him a £25-a-week contract at Manchester United, but he had been bitten by the acting bug and decided that was what he wanted to pursue.


If I'd had to choose on a celebrity spanking me he would have been my choice

I once stood next to him in a hotel lift in Scotland (many moons ago) when I was on holiday with my friend, aunt and uncle. He was really nice and spoke to my aunt and uncle briefly about the weather and when he got out of the lift he said goodbye to me and my friend and I didn't get his autograph.

He's my favourite James Bond ever.

Those of you who have watched the Bond films - Who's your favourite Bond?

From Midnight Wednesday, the UK will go into a 27 day lockdown.

Please stay safe.

Have a good week.

Ronnie
xx

11 comments:

Roz said...

Sir Sean is definitely a great loss Ronnie. He could spank me any time too lol. Lucky you getting to meet him, shame you didn't get an autograph.

The Covid situation there is scary. I'm sorry you are facing another lockdown. Will you be able to see your son, Dil and grandbaby? stay safe!

Hugs
Roz

QBuzz said...

Sad news :(
That's a nice little spank scene. He also threatened to spank Moneypenny in Thunderball!
I always meant to blog about the spanking references in the James Bond books (there are loads) but haven't found the time yet.

Old School Fan said...

The spankee is Margaret Nolan (playing "Dink") who just passed away a few weeks ago.

She was also the girl painted gold in the opening credits.

Glenmore said...

My favourite Bond by far. My only disappointment was that he never did give Miss Moneypenny that spanking he threatened her with.

Hermione said...

He's my favourite Bond too. I still have my collection of Bond paperbacks that I accumulated in High school. I learned all about sex from those novels.

I'm sorry you are back in lockdown, but at least your PM realized the need, unlike some Presidents I could mention.

Hugs,
Hermione

Anonymous said...

Sean Connery was my all-time favorite, and Daniel Craig is second. The sad thing of lockdown is that governments are not doing it like Australia, that had five new cases and the daily new case is below ten.
Stay safe! This might need a lot of spankings to get through the first of many 27 day lockdowns.
bottoms up
Red

PK said...

He was a great actor and from all accounts a fine man. But I've never seen a Bond film in my life. I may be the only one.

SPANKEDHORTIC II said...

Connery was my favourite too and the only big star actor who has a hairier chest than me. You Only Live Twice was the Bond film I loved the most.

Prefectdt

ronnie said...

Roz - Thanks. His dementia took it's toll on him. Thankfully we are in a childcare bubble with them.

QBuzz - Thanks. Shame they didn't put him spanking Moneypenny in:) If you do blog about the spankings, please let me know.

Old School Fan - I didn't know she had passed away. Thanks for letting us know.

Glenmore - Yes that would have been a good scene. Thanks.

Hermione - I never read any of the Bond book. Maybe I'll search one out. Our PM had no choice than to put us in lockdown, but my opinion he should have done it weeks ago. Thanks.

Red - I quite liked Pierce Brosnan in the role. I think I'm going to need quite a few spanking during this lockdown.

PK - He seemed very nice that day. You could be the only onej:)

Prefectdt - LOL. He did have a hairy chest. Goldfinger for me. Thanks.

Love,
Ronnie
xx

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately Connery never publicly advocated spanking.......so even if he had the opportunity with those fantasizing over it, it probably wouldn't have occurred to him. But if getting slapped around is just as appealing, that might have been a possibility since he did repeatedly endorse that......as long as it was an open-handed blow rather than a fisted punch. A true gentleman to make such an honorable distinction.

HOT GIRLS said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.