Monday 16 November 2020

My duty

It's my duty as much as my husband's to help save him from the laughably named 'safety camera' mobile speed patrols. Well when I'm in the car with him anyway, obviously. You see he got caught on one a few weeks ago and recently attended a 'driver rehabilitation course' to avoid getting penalty points on his licence. He was angry when he got the letter from the county police telling him what his options were and detailing the offence which, for the record, was travelling at 36 mph in a 30 mph zone. The fact that it was early evening and totally dead, I mean I can vouch for that because I was with him and spotted the camera first, doesn't get taken into account of course. It's just binary, you sped or you didn't. It would make no difference if it was 3 am in the morning you still get done.

My husband rants a bit about such things. Why don't they have intelligent cameras which measure road conditions at the time, they've got the technology easily. It's just a revenue source, he says. Anyway he opted to do the rehab course (which suspiciously costs exactly the same as the fine would have) and chose a venue near Stafford which was about the nearest to us but still would take up about four hours of his day, he wasn't a happy bunny. Then he got a confirmation back and - this made him happy - notification that his rehabilitation would be done online because of the covid restrictions. So he's done it now and passed (nobody fails) and his licence is still clean.
 
The funny thing is, although he hated it and was scathing about it prior to the online session which took about two hours, he was quite complimentary about the efficiency and friendliness of the administrator and has since moderated his driving habits, how long that will last who knows but for now it's noticeable and I complimented him on it. He told me I should drive more and take the risk on my licence but I said it wouldn't happen to me because I wouldn't speed and in any case I'd spot the cameras quicker than him. Of course that led him to say well if I'd spotted the camera so bloody quickly why didn't I yell out loud.
 
That was when he told me it was my responsibility as much as his. Then as an afterthought he told me I should pay half the fee, to which I told him he could fuck off. He took me upstairs and spanked me, not for refusing to contribute and not for swearing but for daring to suggest that I spotted things like cameras quicker than him:) I knew it wasn't going to be a serious spanking, worse luck, because his mood was light but it still stung and left me with glow for half an hour or so.
 
I went downstairs to make some lunch. I called up and told him a sandwich and a mug of tea were done and he came down with a smile on his face.He'd been talking with our son who told him about a nifty little app called Waze which spotted speed cameras and other hazards and was kept up to the minute live by its users. He said he'd downloaded it. I asked him if that meant I still had to remain alert and speak up if I spotted one. He said I'd better, unless I wanted another spanking. Trouble is, I do:)

Stay safe.

Have a good week.

Ronnie
xx

8 comments:

Roz said...

LoL Ronnie, love it!

It sounds as though, as annoying as the situation was, it turned out to be a positive thing in more ways than one. P benefited from the course and modified his driving and it got you spanked.

Should you continue to point out safety cameras? Hmm... lol

Hugs
Roz

Hermione said...

Hi Ronnie,

Ron got caught by one of those and had to go for training, but that cost about half of what the actual fine would have been.

I must look up that app and see if it is available here.

Hugs,
Hermione

Anonymous said...

P certainly has a great way of venting frustration, and you are so wonderful to offer your bottom for him to spank. A definite win win situation.
bottoms up
Red

Glenmore said...

Seems to me the wrong person got spanked for this one Ronnie.
It really is time you laid down the law and informed him It is his responsibility to drive safely and if he gets another ticket he will get his backside deservedly caned.
Don't pass up an opportunity like this !

PK said...

I use Waze on my phone. It's pretty cool. You should just tell P to keep up his husbandly duties so you won't need to break the law to get what you need!

Minielle Labraun said...

Oh gosh that was good Ronnie! I’m glad you got your spanking.... but maybe you should suggest he gets spanked if he speeds again... that’ll guarantee you a doozy! ;))

Anonymous said...

In my household, if I did something like that, my wife would have the bath brush out, I would be standing before her, pleading, explaining, and the outcome the same, over her lap, bare bottom in position and the bath brush doing the talking. Jack

ronnie said...

Roz - Hmmm I don't think I will. Will really:) Thanks.

Hermione - I haven't downloaded it yet. Thanks.

Red - I don;t mind helping out anyway I can:) Thanks.

Glenmore - If I told him that, it would get me spanked. Thanks.

PK - I tell him you said he should. Thanks.

Minelle - As I said to Glenmore, It would get me spanked if I said that to him. Thanks.

Anonymous - You better not do anything like that. Thanks.

Love,
Ronnie
xx