Wednesday 29 July 2020

I'm not saying he's right

But my husband does have a point, I suppose, but I'm not going to admit that to him until he's put me over his knee and given me a very long very hard 'educational' lecture on the reality of wearing masks and just about everything else he can think of regarding covid. He's threatened to. To put me straight, he said, and help me stop thinking in a confused way about the ongoing crisis.

Well he pissed me off by talking to me as if I was thick or something but, hey, a spanking's a spanking so I said meekly, 'Perhaps you should' and tried to sound not too eager.

It had started with me commenting on the mis-use of them or even the non-use of them by some people ignoring the 'guidance'. P gets annoyed with me and calls it trivia, especially when I talk about the gaps around the edges of some masks or the ones that are clearly badly home-made from t-shirts or whatever and the ones that don't hold properly on the nose it goes on and on. He got irritated by it on the weekend, our first weekend of mask-wearing, and told me to put it into perspective and look at the odds against picking up the bug at all. They're very low, and much lower now than, say, six weeks ago when we didn't have to wear masks. There is so much inconsistency and illogic in the advice being given, he says he felt perfectly happy without one and instead using common sense. I told him I felt more at risk over the weekend than I had since the pandemic started. He was incredulous and that was when he told me I needed to get things in perspective, put some numbers on the actual risk.

I told him I didn't have any numbers but I did have eyes and I could see when people were doing wrong. Then he told me to just stop talking about masks, he didn't want to hear any more and that he'd give me some numbers and a reality check across his lap if I didn't. So that was how it came about. He hasn't done it yet so I suppose I'll have to throw in a few more trivial comments. I like being 'educated'.



P saw me looking on Google for face mask people to go with my post and minutes later he sent this which he'd doodled on his sketch pad the other day (he started sketching during lockdown) 


Ronnie
xx

10 comments:

Michael M said...

Enjoy your education.
Great drawing.

Roz said...

Hi Ronnie,

What a wonderful drawing! P definitely has talent. Masks are definitely a topic of great debate. Our officials kept being hounded about whether masks should be compulsory and never went there.

Seeing masks worn incorrectly bugs the heck out of me.

I would definitely throw in some more comments. Fingers crossed it gets you an education, and a spanking:)

Hugs
Roz

Susannah said...

Just a gentle reminder to P that masks are to protect other people (my son, a hospital doctor at Coventry, not far from you ,says so and who am I to argue with one of my sons) but keep it to yourself if you think it would prevent your spankng!

Anonymous said...

Agreeing with Susannah, masks are to protect other people, so other people not wearing a mask truly endangers and bothers me. The virus, as bad as it is, would be worse without masks. The dumb thing here is that people wearing masks indoors are feeling no need to maintain six feet apart. Equally sad, is those not social distancing are safer only because most people do social distance. They benefit, and we lose.
I am certain you can talk this one into a few spankings. Enjoy, and maybe P might learn a bit while discussing. Very nice art
bottoms up
Red

Minielle Labraun said...

Oooh girl! You’re winding him up! Yes, I sure hope you get spanked!
I have to agree with Roz that P is VERY TALENTED! I think the composition is quite good!

SPANKEDHORTIC II said...

That made me wonder what it is like getting spanked whilst wearing a mask. Obviously it would make the face a bit hot but I wonder if it would puff out when letting out a big !AARGH!"?

Prefectdt

Hermione said...

What a lovely sketch. P is very talented. Many people here have the disposable masks, which you can buy at supermarkets. The cloth ones I made are double thickness, and rather hard to breathe through in hot, humid weather.

Hugs,
Hermione

ronnie said...

Roz - Thanks. People are not social distancing since face coverings became compulsory. Thanks, I tell P.

Susannah - It does help to protect yourself as well I've been told. Thanks to your son for all's he;s being doing before and during this pandemic. Thank you.

Red - We've not long ha to wear masks and since social distancing has gone out of the window. Thanks.

Minelle - Thanks. I'll let him know.

Prefectdt - Not sure about. Maybe someone will let us know. I don't like face coverings and I'd hate one during a spanking Thanks.

Hermione - I should get P to do more. I have the disposable ones. Thanks.

Love,
Ronnie
xx

ronnie said...

Michael - I hope to this weekend:) Thanks.

Love,
Ronnie
xx

Fondles said...

at first the government people here said masks weren't necessary. but then they looked at more evidence and have changed the plan since. Masks are now mandatory when leaving the house. and doctors in my country are rejoicing because they've been saying so all along. the numbers have dropped and community spread is in the single digits - has been for a few months now.

so i would agree that masking up is the way to go. however, when people don't wear them properly it really gets my goat too. i grumble ALL the time. it has worn me out and now i just stay far far away from them.

that drawing tho - it's really good! And at least everyone is wearing their masks correctly in the picture :)