Monday 18 February 2019

Headmaster Canes

I don't know why but Headmasters' Canes are flying. Metaphorically of course, well maybe in practice in some cases too. But I'm referring to requests for them really, I'd say they are making up about seventy percent of my cane sales at the moment and that is a complete reversal of this same time last year. It's curious because it is, in my opinion, and
that of my husband which carries a weight of experience, the most difficult to use well out of all canes because of the shaped handle. Straights are much easier.

So what is the attraction? I wish I knew, perhaps it is the image space they hold in the minds of many people of 'le vice anglais', long ago outlawed symbol of authority in British schools, public schools in particular. 


I am sending quite a few to Italy, France and the Scandinavian countries on a regular basis and most recently to Brazil.

I wish I could get some stories back from people who buy them, I would really really love to know how they are used, in what circumstances and why. I mean I do know a few because some of my customers make no secret of the fact that they use them professionally and some of them buy for their clients too, which is quite nice. But the diversity of buyers, from hotels in the south to recently a restaurant in Scotland and a few weeks ago an educational establishment in Italy, as well as private households all over the place. I wonder if I could devise a system whereby customers could send me a paragraph or two on their uses in return for which I'd give a discount on future purchases. Always respecting anonymity of course.

I shall mention it to P, he's quick thinking on that sort of thing, probably see some drawbacks too.

It would point his mind in the direction of canes too, it's been a while since he's employed one against my bottom.

Have a good week.

Ronnie
xx 

16 comments:

Roz said...

Hi Ronnie,

Sounds like business is going well. Happy for you :)

Interesting that headmaster canes are the most popular. I guess maybe it is the imagery? It would be so interesting to hear from the people you sell them to.

Hugs
Roz

QBuzz said...

Most interesting is the 'educational establishment' in Italy! I wonder if it gets used in the traditional way?

Hermione said...

Ronnie, that's fascinating! I would totally go wit hthe offer of a discount in exchange for info. Hope you could post some of the feedback here!

"Feedback" gave me an idea. Could you put a place for feedback on your cane sales site?

Hugs,
Hermione

Ozarkhillbillyhippie said...

Very smart these chicks but how do you separate the wheat from the chat so you don't pay for someone's fictional story

Ozarkhillbillyhippie said...

Very smart these chicks but how do you separate the wheat from the chat so you don't pay for someone's fictional story

NoraJean said...

I'm with you, Ronnie ... it would be sooo interesting to here the stories that go along with the orders ... nj ... xx

PK Corey said...

I am so glad your sales are going well and that none of them are coming to me!

Blondie said...

Ask them to leave a comment. I know a lot of our comments on our Etsy store tell how they used the paddle and what they liked and/or hated. Still interested in getting a cane one of these days, never really been spanked with one.

Katie said...

Hi Ronnie, :) That is very interesting about the canes. I wonder what it is about the headmaster canes?

Educational setting in Italy... somehow that doesn't sound good to me... Hope they are not using them on kids... I'm SO against spanking children in every way!!

Rob has used the cane carefully a few times. It can be kinda fun... or not! LOL! Glad that your business is going well! Many hugs,

❤️Katie xoxo

Anonymous said...

Hi Ronnie:
I am uncertain as to how you are currently selling your canes, as I do NOT see any advertisement on your blog. What am I missing, and where do I look to find this?
Having purchased four of your canes, my feedback is;
I thought the short OTK cane would be ineffective. I mentioned it to Cindy, so she used it quite vigorously, and I now know it can be very effective, and very easy to travel with.
My preference is the teacher's round shaped handle cane, as it seems to me more flexible, and slightly more whippy. It also helps create being submissive, as it has a connotation of the recipient being younger and chastised by a teacher. However, we do NOT do age role play, and would never agree with children being spanked.
Each cane can be very effective or ineffective, depending on the amount of enthusiasm the spanker has in delivering a strong spanking.
In retrospect, I am the one that retrieves the cane when requested, so I should actually bring a different one each time to give a better and fairer analysis.
bottoms up
Red

Rosie Jones said...

I’m with PK, glad your sales are good but happy none of those school canes are coming my way!
Rosie xx

ronnie said...

Roz - Thanks. I think you are right, it is the imagery of them. Lots of pictures of them being used.

QBuzz - Thanks. Nothing like that. Just an easy address to have the parcel delivered.

Hermione - Have my thinking cap on and yes that could be a good idea, thanks.

Richard - Thanks. Not sure at the moment.

Nora Jean - Thanks. I have all sorts of people buy. I'd like to know if a lady bought one, is it for her to use on her partner or her.

PK - Let me know if circumstances change as I would be more than happy to send along another one or two:) Thanks.

Blondie - Thanks. I'll think on it. Personally I think every one should try the cane once.

❤️Katie - They would not be using it in an educational establishment . She works there and easy for it to be delivered there. Canes can be used for fun and can be quite sexy. Thanks.

Red - Thank you for buying, I very much appreciated it. I'm happy Cindy is putting them to good use. Yes the travel cane can be quite effective. We sell different thickness of the Headmaster canes. Some like a 10 cm one, other a 7 cm as more whippy.

Rosie - Thanks. Let me know if you change your mind:)

Love
Ronnie
xx

Terpsichore said...

very interesting...I'd be curious too. Take care! :-)

Anonymous said...

So, I have a very curious question. Hubby and I do not yet own a cane. (I know, always the late one to the party.) Which would you recommend for someone who is new to using one (and new to getting one!)?? We've been talking about it - we're just not sure what to look for in a proper cane. I'm thinking you'd definitely be the person to ask. Thanks Ronnie!

ronnie said...

Terps - Would be interesting. Thanks.

Love,
Ronnie
xx

ronnie said...

Shell - Couldn't find your email address.
Regarding your question about canes. Easiest to handle are straight handle ones because their grip is easier, but the curved headmaster ones look the part and I must admit P uses one 8/9 mm thick and about 80 cm long, it stings a lot and can welt and bruise but doesn't have to. The first cane he ever bought was from a theatrical suppliers and it was about 70 cm x 6 or 7 mm but its core was hollow and it snapped one day. It felt stingy at the time but I know now it wasn't really so bad. Anyway for first time use I would say about 65-70 cm x 7 mm would be fine, not too long so less 'wrap' and manageable for accuracy. Koobo doesn't have a hollow core so it can still pack quite a punch. Thanks.