Wednesday 24 October 2018

Sunshine Spanking

That was what my husband called it after he'd done it and I'd asked what it had been for. "Well call it a sunshine spanking then," he said, "if you don't like being spanked for poking your nose in where it isn't needed."

You see we'd been over at the kids' house, P helping sort out some weird electrical looping problem in their upstairs lighting system and me tidying round and chatting with our DIL and watching for an opportunity to pick up our granddaughter when she woke. They haven't had the easiest of weeks since the birth and they were in a bit of a mess, stuff all over the place, stuff needing washing, stuff needing ironing, etc etc. They fixed the electrics in less than an hour but when P came downstairs I was in the utility room 'putting a few things straight'. He came and found me, said we should be going, I said no way I had loads of things to do before we could leave. He said they were fine, they'd get things sorted in their own way but I disagreed. Then our son asked us if we wanted a cup of tea, I said yes right away because it would extend our stay and give me more time to 'sort things out' and maybe the baby would wake.

Anyway you get the idea, I'm a concerned mother, well grandmother too now, just trying to do my best to be helpful. I could have stayed all day and still found things to do but we actually left after a further hour when P said he had to get something from a store. I turned to ask what but he just gave me that look so I held my tongue and we went. 

In the car he told me he'd asked our son if everything was okay, plain man to man talk, there were a few issues but no red flags, they had to learn how to adapt their own way, we couldn't do it for them. We were there to be called on sure, and I know P would drive over in the middle of the night if they needed something, but not to try and take over their lives. He said they needed some space as well as help when requested. So I wouldn't say we argued but we disagreed somewhat. 

When we got home he asked me if I'd like to go for a walk up on the chase. It was sunny and warm for October, I said yes that would be nice but I said it without much enthusiasm. P said we should get changed then and get going and we'd stop off at the little inn on the side of the chase and get a coffee or a beer. There was just one thing he needed to attend to first. He took me by the arm and over to the sofa, obviously I knew it could only mean one thing and I told him I didn't need spanking I hadn't done anything wrong but it didn't change anything and I was laying across his knees when he told me I really needed to chill, relax, stand back a bit and not be mithering to do this and that and certainly not to be fretting over what somebody else might be doing. He said to remember there were two sets of grandparents. He spanked me, with more words, it was hard even though it was over my jeans and it stung but probably not as much as his words.

He let me up and I told him I didn't think it had been a reason to spank me but I knew what he was saying. He laughed and said I should think of it as a sunshine spanking then. I asked him what the hell one of those was, he laughed again and just said it was a spanking when the sun was shining, in fact because the sun was shining. Then he got up and said, "Come on let's get changed and out there."

In the bedroom he said my bum looked a little red. I felt my face go the same colour. Then, going down the stairs, he said, "Did you know there was a thing called 'sunshine sex' too?"
"Oh really?" I asked, my mood already better, "how does that go then?
"
"You'll find out when we get back from our walk", he said and I did:)

Ronnie
xx

13 comments:

Roz said...

Hi Ronnie,

I can definitely understand you being concerned and wanting to do things for your son and DIL to help out. Sunshine spanking and sunshine sex. I love it! Sounds like you had a wonderful afternoon :)

Hugs
Roz

NoraJean said...

Hi Ronne ... Sounds like you had an all round sunny afternoon that would only have been better if you'd had a little more time with that precious baby girl ... we Grams look for any excuse we can find in order to get one more snuggle ;) ... nj

Our Bottoms Burn said...

smile

morningstar said...

it's difficult to see your kids 'struggling' (well struggling by our definition) And I most definitely understand wanting to snuggle with the grandbaby :)

I'll have to try the 'sunshine spanking' on Sir Steve and see if it's a term he can get on board with (cheeky grin)

Hermione said...

Hi Ronnie,

I know it's hard to step back and watch others struggle, but they do need to learn how to cope with a new life on their own. The day ended well!

Hugs,
Hermione

PK said...

Happy for you anytime you're spanked. P might just have been right this time. I completely understand you wanted to help - no other reason than that you love them and want to make things easy for them. But while I loved my MIL and she never criticized me or made me feel bad, anytime she 'helped' me around the house, I took it as a criticism and I felt bad that what I was doing wasn't 'good enough', though she NEVER meant it that way. With her hormones in a swirl, your DIL may be feeling this. You never know.

Terpsichore said...

I understand you wanting to do everything you can for the newest member of your family and her parents. I am sure they will come to you if ever they need anything. In the end, sunshine spanking and sunshine sex sounds like a great way to end the day. :-) Hugs

Boosghost2 said...

Happy that everyone got what they needed that day!
Boo

Anonymous said...

Ronnie,
I love your reporting in. I love how you were waiting for that little one to wake up. I remember ironing in our daughter's home things that did not require ironing to stretch the time. I remember holding the baby during the entire nap and loving every single minute. I am right with you........ being a grandmother is the very best. I can hear what P is saying too, but the baby is only a baby for the shortest of times. Make every minute count.
Meredith

Ella said...

You are so funny, Ronnie. Glad the day had a happy ending, Grandma!

Hugs Across the Pond,
Ella

QBuzz said...

Better enjoy the sunshine spankings and sex then as there probably won't be much opportunity over the next few months ;)
Maybe Winter Whackings and Autumn Orgasms are a thing...

ronnie said...

Roz - We did:) Thanks.

Nora Jean - Had she woke it would have been the icing on the cake. Thanks.

OBB - Thanks.

Morningstar - Sleeps in the day but awake late at night. I hope it works for you. Thanks.

Hermione - You are quite right and they will get there, but it's hard. Thanks.

PK - Never thought of that, I'll take that on board and just wait for them to ask. Thanks.

Terps - We've told them to shout up whenever they need anything and I'm sure they will. Thanks.

Boo - Happy ending to the day. Thanks.

Meredith - Exactly, that's what I told him. Good to know someone's on my side:) Thanks.

Ella - It was a lovely ending to the day. Thanks.

QBuzz -Thanks. I'll have to mention them to P:)

Love,
Ronnie
xx

Anonymous said...

delightful to read, and you do need to give the new parents some space. Remember, you are now the MOTHER-IN-LAW to your DIL, so think back to some of your reservations when you were learning how to be a mother, and the interactions with P's mother.

Great way to end the day with a spanking, a walk in the sunshine, and making love
bottoms up
Red