Friday 18 August 2017

Ella's Summer Meme

Our friend Ella shared a lovely meme with us and me being a sucker for them - just had to do it.

Here's my answers....

1.  Name a tender song that can almost make you cry.
Not tender but Everybody Hurts by R.E.M. gets me every time.

2.  What is your favourite shade of lipstick?  What about nail polish?  If you do not wear lipstick or polish, what do you like or dislike about the shades you see others wear?
My favourite lipstick is Chanel Rouge Coco Mademoiselle. 




Nail polish - I love to see bright colours on nails but for me it's soft ones. I don't think bright colours suit my hands.

3.  Name a children's nursery rhyme or song that you loved and to which you remember all the words.
Remember the words to lots of nursery rhymes but never had a favourite or not that I can remember.

4.  What outfit would you put on in the morning if you wanted to feel happy and well dressed?  Something in which you think you look pretty damn good!
Depends on where I am going. Normally I just wear what feels comfortable.


5.  If you had enough money to buy just one, would it be a cottage by the ocean or a cabin in the mountains?
Easy decision for me. It would be the cottage as I always feel so at home by the ocean. 

6.  If you are old enough, which one of the Beatles did you have a "thing" for?  If you are not that old, tell us a musician that really did it for you.
I loved the Beatles but never really had a big thing for any of them though John Lennon was my favourite. For me it was Peter Noone from the Herman's Hermits


and Rod Stewart

7.  Name a smell that you love - could be kitchen, outdoors, person, your choice.
There are lots of smells I love - the ocean, freshly baked bread leather and the smell of a real Christmas tree.

8.  How often do you defuzz your legs.  Wax, razor, or electric?
I defuzz 3-4 times a week with a razor in the shower.


9.  How/why did you choose your blog name?
No light bulb moment or anything personal. As I had already chosen Ronnie Soul, I was taking to P about a name and said need something to go with soul and he suggested Heart so Heart and Soul it was.

10.  What do you like to eat for breakfast?  To drink?  Coffee or tea?
Hot water with lemon, small bowl of porridge with fruit or just fruit and yogurt and decaf tea. Decaf tea and water for the rest of the day. 


11.  How many siblings do you have?  Or are you an only child? Are you the oldest, a middle, or the youngest child?
I'm an only child.

12.  What is your favourite salad dressing?
Don't actually do salad dressing.  Olive oil over my salad though when I have a caesar salad (which I love) I have a little caesar dressing.

13.  If you could sit next to anyone (alive) on a long plane trip, who would you pick?
Personally I don't like to talk when I'm flying (unless it's to P) I prefer to just sit and read.



14.  Have you ever gone shopping just to cheer yourself up?
I don't mind shopping but can't say I've gone shopping to cheer myself up.

15.  If there is one thing that can make you lose your temper, what would it be?
Don't get me started:)

16.  Tell us about the best photograph you have ever had taken.
I'm hopeless at taking photos and I hate having mine taken. The best ones are of son when he was small. 


17.  Have you ever gone skinny-dipping and where?
Oh yes when we are on holiday and rent a private villa with pool.

18.  What do you like on your pizza?  What don't you like on your pizza?
Don't do pizzas but if I had to have one it would be vegetarian (no I'm not a vegetarian) -  mozzarella cheese, spinach, mushrooms, garlic red peppers, black olives and red onion. Don't like smoked or spicy meats.

Ella, thanks for the meme.

Have a fun weekend.

Ronnie
xx

16 comments:

Roz said...

Hi Ronnie, this is a great meme and I enjoyed reading your answers. Thank you, hope you have a wonderful weekend :)

Hugs
Roz

an English Rose said...

Hi Ronnie, You an keep Rod Stewart! Come visit us , we live by the seaside!
love Jan, xx

Baker said...

Great meme and I enjoyed your answers! Enjoy the weekend.
--Baker

Fondles said...

I enjoyed the answers... and i probably will rip off this meme too. Altho goodness when I'll have time to get the answers down. thanks for sharing. and also, a nod to Roz (from your previous post) for always finding the time to leave a comment!

Rosie Jones said...

I love getting these glimpses of our blogging friends' lives. We have several similar answers. Though I didn't choose Rod Stewart in my answers I've always been a fan. Next time we meet Jan we must tell her off for being mean about him!
Rosie xx

Aimless Rambling said...

"Getting to know you, getting to know all about you." Just reading your answers tell me you are slim - you do all the right and healthy things - wish I could say the same.

Ella said...

Ronnie, thanks for doing my meme. And I so enjoyed your answers. I think your lipstick is the most popular shade Chanel has ever sold.

Forgot about Herman's Hermits, and I love Rod Stewart's music. Somehow I just knew it would be the ocean for you. All your little travel capers seem to have an ocean setting. Love those!

Hugs Across the Pond,
Ella

Anonymous said...

Fun to read! Ocean would always be my choice. We are currently at the ocean on vacation!
Bottoms up
Red

ronnie said...

Roz - Thanks. Ella is so good at writing these mems.

Jan - Thanks. Now leave Rod alone:)

Baker - Thanks. Have a good one yourself.

Fondles - Thanks. I hope you manage to do this meme and yes Roz is a treasure.

Rosie - I've always liked Rod and the Small Faces:) Definitely have to tell Jan off. Thanks.

SG - Not as slim as I should be, I've put a few pounds on since the Spring. Thanks,

Ella - Thank you for the meme, you are so good at these. We are ready for another one:) I've seen Rod three times now. Yes ocean everytime.

Red - Thanks. I hope you're both having fun.

Love
Ronnie
xx

Hermione said...

Hi Ronnie,

I loved Peter Noone too. I also prefer not to have to talk while travelling. I prefer to read and listen to music.

Hugs,
Hermione

Sweet Lily said...

I enjoyed the meme, fun!

ronnie said...

Hermione - I had a few pictures of him on my wall. Thanks.

NightlySun - Thanks.

Love,
Ronnie
xx

Katie said...

Hi Ronnie,:) I loved reading your answers here. I am going to have to get down to business and do Ella's meme. A fun one!

All of those favourite smells that you mention could be mine too! LOVE them! LOL about Jan and Rod Stewart! Many hugs,

<3 Katie

Terpsichore said...

fun answers to a fun meme :-) Hugs

ronnie said...

Katie - Thank you. Shall look forward to reading your answers. I'll be having words with Jan next time I see her:)

Love,
Ronnie
xx

ronnie said...

Terps - Thanks. Ella is so good at writing memes.

Love,
Ronnie
xx