Monday 24 April 2017

I've got a new friend

And he makes canes. Sigh.

I know a lot of you guys have chatted with me and guessed I was going to get involved with canes (not just the receiving end), after that dinner engagement I had a few weeks back. Well you were right and I am now Alec's (his name isn't Alec but it suits him) right-hand man woman, advising him on how he could improve his little business. I don't think he needs my advice really and his business is going ok so he isn't chasing money, he must like me:)



Anyway I persuaded him to add an item to his range, it's a 'loopy', which he'd never even heard of before but I most certainly had and, when it was first introduced to my backside in Spain a few years go I had one of those 'never again' moments, it was evil. But P didn't throw it away and after some gentler persuasion over time I've accepted its use. Occasionally!

So Alec is allowing me the same prices he charges his commercial customer so I can keep it sensible. I have a few samples he gave me, he said he'd love some feedback, you know, if I knew anyone who might be prepared to. What? Moi? He was actually a bit embarrassed asking, he doesn't partake himself you see and he gets a bit flustered talking about what his 'toys' are used for. It's a bit like having a non-smoker making cigarettes or a butcher who doesn't eat meat. Anyway he's sweet and I think we are already friends.

He has a daughter, I mentioned her, she's nice too and a bit more worldly that her dad, we might share some other business. Need to keep an eye on her though because P says she's a looker.

Anyway don't worry I'm not about to fill my blog with commercial claptrap.

Have a good week.

Ronnie
xx

13 comments:

Cat said...

Oh good gravy, Ronnie...loopy? Ouch! Glad it's you and not me. :) Have a great week.

Hugs and blessings...Cat

Rosie Jones said...

Congratulations on your new enterprise, Ronnie. I saw the new banner last night and hopped over to the 'shop'. Hope you get lots of customers!

Rosie xx

Lindy Thomas said...

Good luck Ronnie. Now for that loopy looks like it should stay in your part of the world, don't send one down under.
Have fun being his tester.

Hugs Lindy xx

PK said...

And I thought I had some strange friends. LOL, this sounds very nice really. And this man sounds like a sweetie. I love that he is a bit embarrassed. I hope this business takes off and I want to know about any testing you take part in. Just because I won't be a customer doesn't mean I don't wish you well!

Aimless Rambling said...

I wish you well to - don't think I'll be a customer except maybe as a gift for someone else.

I think you have no worries about P and if he saw this post you might be experiencing one of those canes.

Ella said...

Well, I beg to differ with the comments above. I have every intention of becoming a customer. Wonder what the godawful shipping charge would be? Ronnie, I am really begging you to write a cane tutorial. It takes a bit of training to wield a cane, I think.

Hugs Across the Pond,
Ella

Roz said...

Hi Ronnie,congratulations on the new venture, this is right up your alley. Wishing you the very best and definitely keen to hear how product testing goes :) Alec does sound like a sweetie.

Hugs
Roz

Blondie said...

Loopy John - no thank you. But you were the one who got me interested in canes. Good luck with your new endeavor.

Downunder Don said...

OMG Ronnie...and you say you like it!!! I hope this little sideline goes well for you. Unfortunately our quarantine laws are really strict on wood that has not been treated. How would I explain to the Customs people...I am taking up basket weaving and making really big baskets.
Loved the advice on how to use a cane...should be mandatory reading

Baker said...

Ronnie,
Every time I visit here I walk away smiling. Sounds like you have some interesting 'work' ahead of you. Congrats!
--Baker

ronnie said...

Cat - Thanks. Yep Alec has made a loopy, have a sample so will have to try it out:)

Rosie - Thank you. I hope so, mainly because of Alec, he really is a lovely gent.

Lindy - Thanks. The Loopy isn't in my top 5 of toys but will have to test it:)

PK - Thanks. I'm not going to sell loads I know that but if it helps Alec a little, then good.

SG - Thanks. I know I have no worries with P and I think I will be experiencing a few of them. Mmmmm, lovely:)

Ella - Thank you my friend. Shipping is high. I can't actually do a tutorial being on the bottom end but I have asked P if he will so we'll see. Have you read my caning tips?

Roz - Thank you so much. Yes I'll do a report on testing:) Alec is very sweet.

Blondie - Thank you and what do you think of the cane?

Lindy - Thank you. Yes I think everyone interested in using or have the cane used should read about it first. I didn't know you had quarantine laws on treated wood but we do have some untreated one:)

Baker - Thank you. Really sweet of you to say, makes me happy.

Love,
Ronnie
xx

Hermione said...

I can't imagine who you could find to test the loopy. Not me! They're wicked!

Hugs,
Hermione

ronnie said...

Hermione - Sorry a little behind with comments. As I couldn't find anyone willing, I had to test myself and yes wicked:) Thanks.

Love,
Ronnie
xx