Monday 17 September 2018

On tenterhooks

Why? Because I didn't get spanked yesterday (Sunday) and now, as you're reading this it is Monday although I scheduled the post late Sunday night being pretty confident I wouldn't get spanked because he very rarely does late spankings. That's over complicated but never mind, I'll explain below the reason for the spanking, it isn't complicated at all.

We had a long day Saturday, working over at our son's place, they're having their first baby in a few weeks and still have loads to get done. Anyway I was fence painting and weaving in and out of shrubbery and bushes to the job properly. It was taking ages, I'm not fast but I do try to do a proper job. P came out to check on me, he'd been doing plumbing stuff indoors, and told me I was too slow. He took the brush and showed me how it should be applied, I was appalled at how he sploshed it on charging into the bushes, splashing leaves and plants as he did it, I have to admit he was fast and completed a panel in half the time it took me. He came back out of the foliage with that 'that's the way to do it' look on his face.  DIL was out in the garden now watching the two of us. I asked him what about all the paint on the leaves and flowers, it would kill them wouldn't it, I'd read somewhere about being careful when applying creosote stuff.

"No, completely safe, this stuff isn't creosote, read the instructions on the tin, that's why I bought it." Smug pig.

I told him I wished he'd told me that before I started but he just repeated to read before I acted, he could have said it without an audience but anyway that's how it happened. We got home quite late after politely declining a delivery pizza and P cooked a couple of steaks which were disappointingly on the tough side. They were billed as Angus beef so no way should they have been tough, I left most of mine and P about half of his. He said I should take them back or at least the receipt and get a refund, they were disgusting. Now we bought these steaks from one of the 'upstart' supermarkets, I won't name which one but there are only two of them and they both have German origins. I had no idea what their complaints procedure was but they don't have any customer service desks like Waitrose and Sainsburys.  

I told him to just write them off as a bad experience but P had got a bee in his bonnet. He said no way, it was a matter of principle. I said well it wasn't a matter of principle I'd be taking up. Nothing more was said but he did ask me to keep the remains of the steaks in the fridge. Next day I told him I needed to call in to Tesco, there was free book offer on a 'first come first served' basis and I wanted one, I also needed some shopping. He said great, the upstart store was close to Tesco, I could get the tough steak matter resolved at the same time. I said no, I wasn't going to do it (I was still a bit annoyed with him for telling me off about my painting). So he said right then he'd come with me and he'd do it. I thought pity the poor member of staff who gets P:)

Anyway we parked up, car parks more or less next to each other they're so close. I think he still expected me to take the steaks back because he'd got the remnants wrapped in tin foil and he tried to hand them to me. I said no thanks, they're all yours, good luck and I got out the car and made my way to Tesco. Half an hour later we met back at the car, I asked him how he'd fared and he said it had been no problem he'd gone straight to a cashpoint as they don't have a customer desk and asked the sales girl how he should sort out a return of  some bad steaks. He was holding them in his hand and there were people waiting to check out. It got him attention quick enough, she buzzed for assistance. A duty manager appeared and took him aside, presumably not wanting their conversation getting too much attention or that was how P read it. He said he didn't want the steak, just the receipt and with that he went to a spare cashpoint and made a refund. P gave him the steak anyway to dispose of.

"I bet the checkout operator was delighted to get you spouting off at her till," I  said, "a bit like I felt yesterday when you lectured me on fence painting."

"What's done is done," he said. "And by the way I shall be spanking you for refusing to take it back and stand up for your rights." I nearly bit but then thought better of it, I quite fancied a spanking, I'd see how things went. So there you are, sorry, it didn't happen. But I know my husband, it's the sort of thing he will make a point of doing, well on past experience anyway. So that's why I'm on tenterhooks...but the funny thing is, I'm note sure if its the overhanging threat of a spanking or the possibility that I might have escaped one that has got me there. I think perhaps the latter:)

I shall report either way.

Have a good week.

Ronnie
xx

10 comments:

an English Rose said...

Hi Ronnie, We got the same steaks as you!! I threw them in the bin, I am not brave enough to take them back either. See you soon
love Jan, xx

Roz said...

Hi Ronnie,

P was a bit of a stinker not telling you about the paint. What a shame about the steak. I wouldn't have taken it back either, good on P getting a refund.

I'm sure P will deliver on the spanking :)

Hugs
Roz

Glenmore said...

I don't see any reason for you to receive a spanking Ronnie...perhaps P has realized that also.I'd say you are in the clear.

Hermione said...

Neither Ron nor I would have taken the steaks back but good for P for keeping you waiting and wanting a spanking. He knows how to play you.

Hugs,
Hermione

Aimless Rambling said...

Funny thing - one day last week I returned one of those cooked chickens - I'd never done that before. In our case, Ray wouldn't do it.

Graham said...

Ronnie please buy your meat from a proper butchers (ok I`m lucky I have one of the best in the country on my door step, and whome I`m on first name terms with ),leave the super market rubbish alone

ronnie said...

Jan - They were pretty bad for Angus steaks. Thanks.

Roz - I normally don't mind taking stuff back. Thanks.

The Glenmore - I think I always need a spanking. Thanks.

Hermione - He knows me too well. Thanks.

SG - P always will take food back if not up to standard. Thanks.

Graham - We only have one butcher local to us and he's is very very expensive. I have tried him but meat is nothing special. Thanks.

Love,
Ronnie
xx

Yorkie69 said...

I'm with you Ronnie. Would've just chalked it up to bad experience and perhaps never bought meat there again.

Yorkie

NoraJean said...

Hi Ronnie ... I never take food stuff back ... so difficult to argue its condition, especially after cooking so good on you for standing your ground ... and regardless of the paint type, neat and tidy application is the way to go ... I have that on good authority as we have an expert in the family ;) ... I hope your amped up anticipation is met with your desired end ... pun intended ;))) ... nj ... xx

ronnie said...

Yorkie - I do take food stuff back just not this time:) Thanks.

Nora Jean - I don't mind painting (not the best at it). As I said, not fast but I like to do it properly. It's the first time we have taken something back from this particular store. Thanks.

Love,
Ronnie
xx