Friday 28 April 2017

1st Notification of a change in departure/arrival time of your flight

Bastards. As soon as I saw the subject line in my inbox my heart sunk. Ryanair have changed our flight times to Spain, materially. It means we travel a lot later in the day, nearly seven hours actually, and it means we can't make the afternoon of the Open Day which P wanted to attend in Salamanca. I forwarded it to P, I didn't want to say it because I didn't want to hear the answer, I knew what it would be after the expletives had ran their course.

He was upstairs in our little home office, ridiculous isn't it. I emailed him! I ran through all the options in my head trying to think how to put a positive spin on it before the reply came. Well I didn't get to wait long because I heard the office door open and him thundering down the stairs. He wanted to know the train options out to Salamanca late in the day, if not then first thing next morning. Then he asked me to check if we flew early next morning what was the earliest train we could make, then he asked what compensation we could get from Ryanair for having to re-hash all our plans. Needless to say I didn't have the answers, I told him I'd check. He went back upstairs muttering about Mr O'Leary.

I did all the checking I could, none of it was really suitable, I could get BA flights but they were a ridiculous price. I checked if we were entitled to any compensation towards increased costs being as it was their fault not ours. We weren't. All they were offering was a full refund on our booking as the change in time was greater than two hours but no contribution towards any other costs which may have necessarily been booked in advance....not even their own car hire or hotel booking (not that we'd booked through them) which to me seems ridiculous. They want you to think it's all under one roof as it makes them look bigger and inclusive but then when the shit hits the fan they say you have to contact the car rental or the hotel direct.

P was mad when he heard all this. He said "Fuck them then we'll cancel, the Open Day isn't open next day anyway, I just checked." That was what I didn't want to hear. I said why don't we just spend a few days in Madrid anyway but he wasn't for it, he was angry, he said leave it to him he'd get the refund. I didn't want the refund (it was on my card anyway) I wanted the trip. P said we'd take a few days somewhere else later, it was stupid to continue with this booking now that it had virtually lost the day which it had been the main purpose of the trip. Well he had a point but I was pissed off and I told him it was always the fucking same, can't just go and do something, always complications, the lost day hadn't been my focus, I still wanted to go.

I'm sure my husband was as frustrated as I was but he wasn't showing it with the same display of stroppiness which was breaking out over me. P took the initiative and decided to nip it in the bud. He pulled me quickly across to the sofa, I knew what was coming and said I didn't need a fucking spanking on top of things it wouldn't make matters any better. I tried to wrench my arm away but he's too strong, He got me to the sofa and put his arms around my waist so that I couldn't run off, then he undid my jeans and pulled them to my thighs making flight impossible. He sat on the edge of the sofa taking me with him and pulling me across his knee. "You so bloody well need what you're about to get sometimes, you know," he said as he wriggled my knickers down with one hand, the other steadying my back. I kept telling him I didn't want or need a spanking, I had a right to be upset like anyone else and to let me go.

"You've got a right to be upset certainly," said P, "but you don't have the right to act like a spoilt child when things go a bit wrong and you don't have the right to blame me for being sensible and I don't want to hear a string of bad language from you either. I'm not a puritan by any means but gratuitous swearing, especially in temper, does not become you!" And with that my spanking commenced. And it didn't finish until, I suppose, about ten minutes later by which time I'd struggled so much I'd fallen off his lap and made to get on again and made myself hoarse with arguing, crying out in protesting and eventually begging and apologising for him to stop. Which he did. I could hear him breathing heavily, I was panting and sniffling and my poor backside was on fire. Sexy it was not.

I was allowed off his lap and told to pull myself together, he didn't want any more nonsense from me over the flight, did I understand? I didn't look up so he put his hand under my chin and made me look up and say the word yes, I also apologised again for good measure, I know my voice was shaky. Then he went back upstairs.

It was two hours before he came back into the lounge, my bottom had recovered, I still felt it when I moved on the seat but the sting had gone. "Are you in a better mood now?" He asked me. I was and I told him so, it was true I'd been a bit childish. He went and made a cup of tea for both of us and came and sat beside me. After we'd finished our tea I knelt down on the carpet in front of his knees and undid his zip, I told him I was sorry again without any shaky in my voice this time:)

I still say they're b******s but some good did come from it one way or another.

Have a fun weekend.

Ronnie
xx

20 comments:

Roz said...

Oh that really stinks Ronnie, sorry your travel plans were curtailed, but glad something good came out of the situation :)

Hugs
Roz

Lindy Thomas said...

Oh Ronnie that is totally not fair. Hope you get to go away sometime soon.
Lindy xx

PK said...

I've always wondered what a spanking would be like when I REALLY was not in the mood or didn't think I deserved one in any way. I probably wouldn't have handled it as well as you did. I hope you get a really wonderful trip some time very soon.

Anonymous said...

Well...bugger!

Yorkie

Aimless Rambling said...

Sorry about the trip - it's a bugger when things don't work as planned. I'm glad P was able to settle the issue in his usual way. At least some good came of it.

mouse said...

We just recently had something similar happen to us. Except the change in flight times began to intrude on a connecting flight. Master nearly canceled the whole thing.

Cannot help but to think how mouse might have reacted to him cancelling. Probably in a similar way as you did, likely with a similar result.

Hugs,
mouse

Rosie Jones said...

I've travelled once with Ryanair and hope never to fly with them again. Hope you manage to get an alternative trip soon.
Rosie xx

ronnie said...

Roz - I was really annoyed. Thanks.

Lindy - Thank you. I hope so. Thanks.

PK - I did go off a little too much. Thanks.

Yorkie - I said a little more than that:) Thanks.

SG - He likes to settle things in his own particular way:) Thanks.

Mostly Mouse - Hello, lovely to see you here. It's a real pain when that happens. I think I over reacted but I was annoyed when he said he'd cancel. Thanks.

Rosie - If it's left to P we wont:) Thanks.

Love,
Ronnie
xx

Baker said...

Ronnie,
That just stinks! I hope you are able to get things re-situated soon.
--Baker

Anonymous said...

I can almost physically feel your disappointment - dealing with joint custody issues means our plans frequently slide sideways

Hope you do get a few days away sooner than later!

Anonymous said...

I can almost physically feel your disappointment - dealing with joint custody issues means our plans frequently slide sideways

Hope you do get a few days away sooner than later!

Anonymous said...

I can almost physically feel your disappointment - dealing with joint custody issues means our plans frequently slide sideways

Hope you do get a few days away sooner than later!

Cat said...

Awww Ronnie...that just pure D sucks and yes...I mean both the messed up trip and the spanking. Hope you get a nice holiday soon.

Hugs and blessings...Cat

Hermione said...

What a shame your plans fell through. I know that if that happened to us, Ron would book with a different airline next time. (Not United Airlines, though!)

Hugs,
Hermione

ronnie said...

Baker - Thanks. P said we will, so I'll be keeping fingers crossed.

Morningstar - Thanks. You are right, I was so disappointed.

Cat - These things happen but I was so annoyed. Thanks.

Hermione - We have travelled with Ryanair many times and this is the first time it has happened to us. Thanks.

Love,
Ronnie
xx

abby said...

That was a major disappointment..but it did get turned into....a bit of a good time. hugs abby

Ella said...

It seems like airlines have the power to make a vacation wonderful or a total disappointment. There are certain carriers I just avoid. Could identify with the swearing, though. When I am pissed off, the words that come out of my mouth could make a sailor blush.

There is something about this type of spanking that does seem to drain the anger.

Hope there is a new trip to think about soon, Ronnie. Would love to have you visit across the pond!

Hugs From Ella

ronnie said...

Abby - I was really pissed:) Thanks.

Ella - This is the first time we've had flights changes. Oh yes, I'm the same, words just seem to pop of my mouth as well:) One day I hope to travel across the pond. Thanks.

Love,
Ronnie
xx

Anonymous said...

Sad that the vacation has disappeared, but the spanking really helped to put it in perspective! Fun way to thank p.
Now, if P does not consent to booking another vacation soon, tell him you are considering the end art post where you may lose count, but he might be spanked. I am clairvoyant, and know you will post it soon
Bottoms up
Red

ronnie said...

Red - LOL. Sorry a bit behind with comments. As you know now he has rescheduled flights. Thanks.

Love,
Ronnie
xx