Friday 19 October 2018

Cirque du Vulgar

"Nudity and naughtiness where a dominatrix has replaced the ringmaaster and not a clown in sight are the order of the day." Well that's what they say in the article which the Daily Mirror published.



We had a circus just outside of town a few weeks ago, we didn't go but heard a few comments from friends with young families, not good ones in the main and apparently it wasn't very well attended. It was held in a local farmer's field, it looked professional enough and even though there was no mains power, they were using huge generators. Anyway to cut it short, I saw this article in the Mirror thanks to google, and thought 'Ah, that looks like my kind of circus'. They have been performing in the south-west, Cornwall and Somerset earlier this year, so I'm wondering if that's it or if they will come up country, Birmingham or near would suit me. 


I told P about it, he wasn't really interested, then I sent him a picture. That changed his tune. He said could be interesting and if they come to the Midlands we'll go but only if reviews are good. It's certainly not one for families, he quipped. "And I bet they'll fill out better than that circus we had locally a while back," he said.


Have a fun weekend.

Ronnie
xx

7 comments:

morningstar said...

Truthfully I think that would be my kind of circus... I would be curious to go ... after all I insisted on seeing 50 Shades...

IF it comes to the midlands area -- I hope you do go -- and post a detailed description.....

Have a good weekend :)

Roz said...

Hi Ronnie,

This does sound interesting, I would definitely be curious too. You will definitely have to fill us in if you do end up going.

Hugs
Roz

Hermione said...

It would certainly provoke a lot of comment in our community. The reporters would all be volunteering to go in order to write a review of it.

Hugs,
Hermione

Ella said...

Looks like something I saw in Vegas.

Hugs Across the Pond,
Ella

QBuzz said...

Sounds like an ideal date night :D

Aimless Rambling said...

As long as the audience knew what they were going to see, I bet it would sell mucho tickets. They have and had shows like this in Las Vegas for decades and they are very popular.

ronnie said...

Moringstar - Would be an interesting watch. Thanks.

Roz - Don't think they are coming up our way. Thanks.

Hermione - I bet they would. Thanks.

Ella - Yes I suppose they would have shows like that in Vegas. Thanks.

QBuzz - Could be fun. Thanks.

SG - Have you been to one? Thanks.

Love,
Ronnie
xx