Monday 20 August 2018

Next time get a mixer

One small error in judgement and a chain of events which left me unspanked when I seriously should have been spanked, in fact needed and deserved to be spanked.

My husband was helping our son put down a concrete base for a new garden shed. They'd done the preparation in the week, all they needed was the cement and ballast which they got from BandQ early Saturday morning; it required two vehicles for the quantity needed. They could have had the stuff delivered, they could also have hired one of those rotary mixer things but P had said no need, he'd done it all before (years ago!) and it wouldn't take long. Well he was wrong, it did take long. And it was sweaty work, not just the mixing and levelling but lugging the thirty kilo bags through spaces where a wheelbarrow wouldn't fit.

I'd nagged him several times but P was adamant about how they'd do things. I was over at their house too, helping our DIL, who is heavily pregnant, do a few things indoors. I could see from the bedroom window that progress outside was heavy going. So to cut it short, what P thought would take a morning took a whole day and they still need to raise the floor higher but said they'd let it set first and finish it later in the week. P made it sound as if he'd planned it that way but I knew he hadn't. They were both knackered. P was walking awkwardly, he'd done something to his back. He said he didn't think he'd be doing much next day, which was code for he might be seized up...he does have a longstanding back alignment problem which, if it's tested and locks down, can virtually immobilise him for a few days. It doesn't happen often.

I waited until we were going home in the car before telling him how stupid he'd been and how he should have listened to me earlier in the week. He's not getting any younger and while I'm with him all the way about helping whenever we can, he has to think sensibly and take his own health into account. I don't think he liked me mentioning age or health. Then I asked him if we'd still be going into Birmingham next day and he said he doubted it the way he felt, he thought it might be a struggle to get out of bed if his muscles locked. I selfishly said 'Oh well that's great, I've been looking forward to that too'. 'Well I'm sorry, it wasn't intentional,' said my husband, 'I don't want to be grounded, believe me, I'll put some ice on it when we get home'.

So back home he sat against ice packs in plastic carrier bags. It was quite late and I asked him when he was going to do dinner, we'd already planned to have a couple of steaks, simple and quick. He told me he wouldn't be doing it, I should do it for a change. That meant he must be feeling worse than he said. I didn't mind doing it but I frowned and had another little moan about how he shouldn't hurt himself like that and how stupid he'd been not listening to me. He told me I shouldn't keep going on about it and I'd better hope his back didn't suddenly make a miraculous recovery because the first thing he'd do would be to give me such a spanking if I kept lecturing.

Well his back didn't recover and he woke up really stiff next morning, taking tiny little steps and hardly able to bend. City trip was out of the question, he told me to go on my own and I actually thought about it because I know he can look after himself but then changed my mind and said I'd stay and do a few jobs. I said maybe we could go later in the week but he said better wait and see. He also said I ought to call Linda and cancel a social engagement we had planned for Tuesday because he didn't think he'd be going. I think I must have tutted and he heard me. He said I could go on my own he wouldn't mind, and I said what fun was that, I'll just cancel it. I had a long face, he told me I could do it with a bit better grace and that he'd hold me to account when his back was properly recovered. He'd add up all my little pouts and moans and keep them as a spanking I-O-U and then I'd get a humungous spanking all in one go. I must admit that made me smile and I suddenly felt sorry for him, he was keeping good humour in the circumstances and there I was being a bit inconsiderate. I went over and kissed him on the forehead. He said that wouldn't get me off any spankings.

Thank goodness for that, I thought.

Have a good week.

Ronnie
xx

13 comments:

Spank Those Bottoms said...

😎👍

Roz said...

Hi Ronnie, oh ouch, poor P. I hope he recovers quickly. I can understand your lecturing beforehand, you were trying to look out for P, and definitely u understand your frustration and reaction when he did end up injuring himself. I get P wanting to do the job himself but men can be so stubborn at times.

I'm sure he will deliver on the spanking once he recovers :)

Hugs
Roz

an English Rose said...

Hi Ronnie, oh poor P. I think these kids think we are as fit as us, getting older is a proper pain!
Hope he feels better soon
love Jan, xx

Hermione said...

Hi Ronnie,

Back problems are no fun! P needs to take better care of himself. I was part of a cement-pouring, block-laying team several times long ago, and it truly is hard work.

When I saw the title, I naturally assumed baking and thought of an electric mixer for the kitchen:)

Hugs,
Hermione

Our Bottoms Burn said...

Over here we also have terms that would seem strange to you. This is from an old song - Too old to cut the mustard. I am sure you can find the tune on the web. Here is the first verse.

When I was young, I had a lotta pep
I could get around, didn't need no help
But now you're old and a gettin' gray
The people all look at you and say

Too old, too old, he's anymore
He's getting' too old, he's done, got too old
He's too old to cut the mustard anymore

Do find and play for him when you just can't go another minute without a hot bottom.

PK said...

That's rough. Men want to admit they're getting older even less than women do. And especially in front of his son. At least you'll know when he's feeling better. You might not be sitting, but you'll know how he's doing.

Aimless Rambling said...

Hope P is better. What is it with men that they just can't admit they're getting older and can't do things the way they used to years ago. Ray is like that too, he just keeps pushing. Must admit though, within the last year, he does approach things a little differently. Must be the testosterone.

At least you know he's feeling better when he takes you to task.

Anonymous said...

Having a wonky back is not fun, and I take reasonable care of mine due to this problem. Please give our sympathies to P and our wishes that it will recover soon. You, my dear, have earned a very thorough spanking, if you have nagged and tutted tutted him even half as much as you wrote in this posting. Lucky he didn't spank you at your son's place, which might be a interesting first.
bottoms up
Red

Minielle Labraun said...

Oh Ronnie, poor P! Backs are such a debilitating injury. I sure hope P gets better and you are held accountable! ;)

I know that it will take at least a year for my guy to approach physical work like he did prior to his illness. Of course some of that is good!

Rosie Jones said...

Harry can be stubborn too but he does usually hire the kit to make the task easier. Hope P will be fit again soon. Don’t rack up too much on that scorecard!
Rosie xx

ronnie said...

Spank Those Bottoms - Thank you.

Roz - Thanks. He's a little better today but still taking it slow.

Jan - Thanks. Yes getting older is no fun.

Hermione - I couldn't think of a title so used that one. Yes, both son and P said hard work. Never done it myself. Thanks.

OBB - LOL. We both know that song. I should have used that for the title of my post. Thanks,

PK - I shall lookk forward to been taking to task, sooner the better:) Thanks.

SG - Thanks. I think P does realise he can't do thngs he did when he was younger but he'll never admit it.

Red - Thanks. I did nag but I was thinking of him and his back but I know I still will end up with a sore bottom.

Minelle - You have to make sure your hubby doesn't do too much too soon. You know what men are like. Thanks.

Rosie - I really do feel sorry for him. He's a lot better but still taking tiny steps. Thanks.

Love,
Ronnie
xx

Fondles said...

oh ouch. poor P. i hope he feels better soon. Peppermint / eucalyptus oil to rub on his back?

1ManView said...

Ok Ronnie most men (me too!) push the buttons until we find out we can't do somthing anymore. That's who we are. Our minds are not made to take defeat, use the words I can't anymore. Having my grandson around me a lot has showed me that. I have to back off sometimes and let help him do it. It seems every year I'm more a couch than a player when we work together. But It also let me know I was out of shape for my age, so now I'm working more on my health this year. Eating healthy (yukie) food and working out. So take it easy on P. He's just being a man. Which is why you ladies love us so much....😎

peace and love
1ManView