Monday 25 September 2017

Get off that platform - Now!

Oh dear, my husband's voice was so sharp I almost fell off the platform which would probably have caused me more damage than any potential accident which may have befallen me by staying on it and completing the task I'd set myself, which was clearing the guttering of our neighbour's conservatory which backs on to one of our hedges and they can't access properly.

 "I told you not to do that," he said, "I'll do it when I trim the top, it's ridiculous you struggling to stretch over it, and dangerous too."

"Yes but you left stuff in it last time and weeds grew," I said as I climbed down the short ladder on the side of the platform.

"Well I'm not their bloody gardener, I'm only doing them a favour but in any case I'll do it not you, so don't get on the platform again or else. I mean it." I stuck my tongue out.

You see it was a lovely weekend, warm and dry and perfect for the Autumn hedge trim which is a bit of an exercise because our hedges are quite tall and safest to access from a metal platform which P doesn't like me using and I must admit has warned me about on previous occasions. But I like to help in the garden and especially when the weather is so nice, perhaps if it had been cold and windy I wouldn't have been so keen. I wouldn't have got my bottom caned either.

Now I'm not complaining that I got my bottom caned, although I did at the time, but he could at least have waited till we'd finished all the work and cleaned down and then maybe a bit of hanky panky to follow, which would have been nice and he wouldn't have been so angry after a few hours so he might not have caned me as hard. Anyway what happened happened. P's phone went before he'd started trimming, he probably wouldn't have heard it once the motor was going but never mind, it was someone he knew and they wanted some information and P went into the house. After ten minutes he still hadn't returned and I pulled the platform across to our tree which was also on the list for trimming. I locked the wheels (I'm not as oblivious to safety issues as he makes out), got onto the platform and started snipping some of the higher branches with long handled pruners. I didn't see any harm, I don't like wasting time, I wasn't using machinery and I wasn't having to stretch. I didn't hear P come back out of the house, he was beside me in the middle of the lawn when I heard his voice.

"What did I tell you about climbing onto that thing? Get down right now. Pass the cutters to me." I handed him the pruners and got down. I was about to kick the wheel locks and push it back over to the hedge when he grabbed my upper arm and told me he wanted a word with me inside the house.

He marched me inside and laid the law down, told me when he said something he meant it especially where health and safety were involved and particularly my health and safety. I said I was sorry and that I didn't think it was dangerous I was just trying to be useful while he was on the phone. He said, "You just don't use the thing at all, end of. And especially on your own, you just don't do it and........" He cut off from whatever he was going to say and then said, "Just come with me, I'll make the message loud and clear." And with that he took me upstairs into the office and caned me across our little desk after awkwardly moving my sewing machine which I'd been using the day before and hadn't put away after me.

I only had shorts on, thin cotton ones with no knickers, I'd been hoping to attract his attention later in the day as we worked together. Now I was getting it sooner than I thought and not quite as I'd envisaged. He didn't bother taking them down, he didn't need to they hardly offered much protection, he just made me hold the other side of the desk and keep my stomach flat against it so that  I couldn't ride forward with the cane strokes to mitigate them. Oh P knows all the tricks. He gave me certainly more than a dozen strokes, he doesn't make me count and he certainly doesn't; he did make me squeal though and rather a lot towards the end. When he told me I could get up I stood stamping my feet hard from one side to the other looking out the window. If anyone had been passing, which they weren't, I would have looked a strange sight bobbing up and down and jerking my head. It didn't stop the pain but it distracted me from it temporarily.

"Stop that nonsense and turn round." My husband's voice, he likes to make me face him for post spanking lectures, when I'm hot and flustered and sometimes a bit sniffly. "I don't want you getting on that contraption again unless I specifically ask you to for some reason, is that very clearly understood?" I didn't answer. "Well is it or do you need a few more strokes?"

 "Yes P," I muttered.

"Very well, I'm going back outside now, I shall start trimming the hedge on Terry's side first and I'll make a point of clearing his guttering and show you before I move on. I'll expect you to come and help me as usual now that we're quite clear who does what." And he was away.

I joined him five minutes later, clearing up the debris he was leaving. Skivvy me. After he'd finished the section with the guttering he got off the scaffold and asked me if I'd like to climb up and see what a neat job he'd made and check the guttering was to my satisfaction. He saw me hesitate and said, "Go on, it's safe I'm here steadying it." I got on the platform and held the grab rail bending forward to see into guttering, I could feel my husband's eyes on me, well on my rear end to be precise as I was about three feet above his head. I told him it looked good.

"It looks very good indeed from here," he said. I turned and looked down, he was smiling I knew exactly what he was referring to.

I climbed down the little ladder taking each step a bit over carefully and jutting my backside out as I did it. Then I went across and planted a little kiss on my husband's cheek and we got back to work.

Have a good week.

 Ronnie
xx 

17 comments:

Roz said...

Hi Ronnie, ooh ouch, P was certainly serious wasn't he. Better stay off the platform ... or not :) Love the ending, that made me giggle.

Hugs
Roz

an English Rose said...

Hi Ronnie, oh well at least you know he cares!
love Jan, xx

abby said...

Well your mission was accomplished...with a little extra! hugs abby

Glenmore said...

Spanking and gardening just seem to go together sometimes don't they Ronnie?

Bob S said...

You deserved it.

Hermione said...

Hi Ronnie,

I am also the one who cleans up after Ron has done the clipping. Unfortunately, we don't have any unsafe platforms to stand on so no danger of my being spanked for standing on one.

Hugs,
Hermione

PK said...

Ouch! is the first thing that comes to mind. I love P for taking care of your safety in his own spacial way.

Katie said...

Hi Ronnie, :)

OUCH on the caning! P is looking out for his Love.

Loved the ending! So sweet and fun! You even had the hedges done in the manner that you had wanted. Awesome! Many hugs,

❤️Katie

Aimless Rambling said...

Ouch and you were only trying to help. It's ironic that my story today is quite a page out of your book. Have a good week and I'm glad things are all resolved in your house.

Anonymous said...

Ronnie,
The cane!!! You must follow those instructions from P for your very own safety. He has a way of making himself heard.
Meredith

Ella said...

Ronnie,
Loved this post. When one is doing something that one's husband says is strictly for him to do, the story usually ends exactly like this. Makes for a good post though! Sam has not used the cane for this type of misdemeanor, and I would like to keep it that way.

This weekend Sam thought I had moved a piece of furniture without calling him. He launched into lecture until I pointed out it had wheels. He gave me one smack for being a smart-ass.

Hugs Across the Pond,
Ella

Anonymous said...

Ronnie: safety first, always. A caning to punctuate the lesson of remembering safety. Well done P. Like us, sometimes spanking is for fun, and sometimes the spanking has a purpose... both hurt, but are enjoyed afterwards, but not during. Which of your many canes is P's favorite?
bottoms up
Red

DelFonte said...

Ow, cane. At least he had your best interests at heart.

Cat said...

Ooh ouch, Ronnie! Not a fun spanking but was a caring one. Hope the rest of your canings are fun ones.

Hugs and blessings...Cat

ronnie said...

Roz - 'Or not' - I like:) Thanks.

Jan - He shows it in his own special way. Thanks.

Abby - It was the little extra that helped. Thanks.

The Glenmore - Funny but they do. Thanks.

Bob S - Hello. Well he did tell me not to, so I suppose I did. Thanks.

Hermione - In my opinion the platform is pretty safe but he hates me getting on it when he's not around. Thanks.

PK - He does have his own way of showing it:) Thanks,

❤️Katie - A win win for all:) Thanks.

SG - Thanks. I'll definitely be popping over.

Meredith - He definitely has a way of making me take notice. Thanks.

Ella - I should know better as he's told me I'm not to get on that platform when he's not with me. Thanks.

Red - A caning does wonders for the memory:) Thanks.

DF - I don't mind the cane, sometimes. Good to see you. Thanks.

Cat - Haven't had a fun caning lately:(

Love,
Ronnie
xx

Eric51Amy49 said...

Love the sweet ending. Aww!
Amy

ronnie said...

amy - Thank you.

Love,
Ronnie
xx