Wednesday, 9 December 2015

The Great Online Cookie Exchange Extravaganza.....

....is here. Organised by JZ

I don't eat many desserts or biscuits these days but I can't resist a slice of cheesecake.

So here's an easy peasy.


Baileys and Chocolate Cheesecake recipe
You will need...

Lined 18cm/7in springform tin

100g/3½oz butter
250g/8¾oz digestive biscuits, crushed (for our American cousins I've been told Graham crackers will do as a substitute but hey're a little sweeter and the texture is lighter)
600g/1lb 5oz cream cheese
25ml/1fl oz Baileys or any Irish cream liqueur (you can leave the liqueur out)
100ml/3½oz icing sugar
300ml/10½oz double cream, whipped
100g/3½oz grated chocolate

For garnish
200ml/7¼oz double cream, whipped

A little grated chocolate
Cocoa powder

Let's get started....



Aprons are optional.


You will be pleased to hear that no eggs are beaten in this recipe
yes I know you've seen it before

Here's what you do..... 


Melt the butter in a pan and add the crushed digestive biscuits. Mix well until the biscuits have absorbed all the butter. 


Remove from the heat and press into the bottom of the tin. 


Place in the fridge and allow to set for about an hour. 

Prepare the filling  - lightly whip the cream cheese then beat in the Irish cream and icing sugar.  


Careful with that icing sugar.


Fold in the whipped cream and grated chocolate. When smooth, spoon evenly onto the biscuits. 

Refrigerate and allow to set for a further two hours. 


When its set, remove and decorate it with whipped cream. Sprinkle some of the grated chocolate over the top and dust with cocoa powder to finish.


But before you sit down and have a slice make sure you tidy up before your partner gets home or you'll be dong the washing up with a sore bottom

Lots of wonderful recipes for you to try so go check them out.

Thanks JZ.

Ronnie
xx

First Picture from DeeforDesire
Egg pic from Au Fil Des Jours
Let me know if the other two belong to you.

25 comments:

Michael M said...

Thanks for the Cookie ideas. I will give it a try.

Cat said...

Ooh this looks really good Ronnie...I do love cheesecake! For those in the US, I would suggest using Vanilla Wafers or Graham Crackers in place of the digestive biscuits. Thanks for sharing! :D

Hugs and blessings...Cat

Roz said...

Ooh this sounds delish Ronnie, I love cheesecake! Thank you for sharing :)

Hugs
Roz

lindy thomas said...

MMM can't go past a yummy slice of cheesecake. Thanks Ronnie, loved the way you had all the pictures to illustrate.
Hugs Lindy

rose said...

Yum! Great recipe, thanks!

-r x

Jz said...

I always enjoy the illustrated instructions you provide. ;-)

This looks terrific. I started drooling just at the recipe title!
Yum.

Thanks for playing along!

abby said...

You had me at Bailey's....thanks! Love the pics, too.
hugs abby

Hermione said...

Yummy yum yum! I do love Bailey's, with or without cheesecake.

Hugs,
Hermione

Terpsichore said...

I love cheesecake! :-) thanks for sharing Hugs

Leigh Smith said...

The next time you make it, will you please save me a slice?

Julia said...

Yum!

blossom said...

Baileys and chocolate a wonderful combination....a definite try...and I love all your little pics that went with your recipe...thank you for sharing...smiles

DelFonte said...

mmmm delicious. I've recently discovered Cool Swann liquor and this recipe would be perfect for it.
nice piccies too.

ronnie said...


Michael - Hope you enjoy it. Thank you.

Cat - Thanks for adding your suggestion. Why out of interest?

Roz - One dessert I just can't resist. Thanks.

Lindy - I like my pictures:) Thanks.

Rose - Quite yummy. Thanks.

JZ - I like adding a little more to my recipes:) Thanks for hosting this every year It's fun and we do get great recipes to try.

Abby - Never used to like it. Thanks.

Hermione - :) Try it in the cheesecake, quite yummy. Thanks.

Terps- Looks like a lot of us do.

SG - I'll post one over:) Thanks.

Julia - I think it is. Thanks.

Blossom - Can't resist adding some pictures. Thanks.

DF- Never tasted it but I suppose it tastes exactly like Baileys. Thanks.

Love,
Ronnie
xx

Ni Na said...

Sounds very delicious! Thank you for sharing.

hugs

Nina

smuccatelli said...

Being an American, I'm not quite sure what "digestive biscuits" are (I know "biscuits" is British for "cookies", not sure about the "digestive" part though). And what, pray, it "icing sugar"? Could it be what we call "powdered sugar"?

Cat said...

Hey Ronnie...

No one in the US knows what digestive biscuits are...not even sure we have them here but vanilla wafers are a light vanilla cookie (biscuit) and graham crackers are used for many cheesecake recipes.

Hugs and blessings...Cat

Jz said...

smucatelli and Cat,

Look for McVitie's in the international section of your grocery store. I know at least a couple of the big chains in New England carry them, so you've got a shot at it... I actually usually find mine up in the local "odd lots" store. And Amazon offers them, as well.

It's a plain wheat-flour based cookie, not overly sweet.
Graham crackers will do as a substitute but they're a little sweeter and the texture is lighter.

(sorry to hijack your comments, ronnie. just trying to help. Because we all need to make this! ;-D)

Ella said...

I so love cheesecake! The Bailey's makes it sound so festive. This is going to be a high calorie holiday season. Thanks, Ronnie.

Hugs Across the Pond,
Ella

Same sassy girl said...

I adore cheesecake, and the cheesecake photos! So fun swapping recipes with you!

Minelle Labraun said...

Bailey's and cheesecake! Yum! I'm sure we would all enjoy this!

Misty said...

Okay, that's it, I need to get a springform pan! This sounds great...I will use graham crackers :)

Thanks for sharing.

ronnie said...

Cat - Now I know. Should have thought. Thanks.

JZ - No problem, Thanks.

Ella - High calories indeed and I've got my Christmas pudding to eat as well:) Thanks.

Sassy - Fun. I haven't been round everyone yet but I will. Thanks.

Minelle - Don't forget the chocolate:) Thanks.

Misty - I've never tried graham crackers. Cat has explained that in the US digestive biscuits are not available. Thanks.

Love,
Ronnie
xx

Lilli Clairmont said...

Cute post! Nash loves cheesecake! Thanks for sharing! :)

ronnie said...

Lilli - Hello. Can't resist a slice of cheesecake. Thanks for stopping by.

Love,
Ronnie
xx