Wednesday 16 December 2015

Ella's - Have I Ever Meme

Very late with this one.

1.  Said something very rude to a doctor during childbirth?
No and not really rude and not to a doctor but I did tell the midwife when she was telling me to push that I couldn't bloody well do this.

2.  Seen someone pop their eyeball out?
When I was younger a relative of a friend had a false eyeball and he used to take it out and show us. 


3.  Had your stomach pumped?
No but a friend did.

4.  Been to a drag show with a very large gay man?
Not with a very large gay man but have been to a drag show.

5.  Eaten a worm?
Eaten a few funny things when we were in China but not any worms. Yuck, gives me the shivers just thinking about it. 


6.  Run a nifty, little money-making business when you were 11-12 years old buying girlie magazines for the boys in the neighbourhood.
LOL. No but I did make money by dog walking.

7.  Crawled through an underground storm sewer for 5 blocks?
Now what would I want to do that for.

8.  Lied about your weight?
It's the scales that lie.


9.  Needed your husband to help you up the stairs because you were inebriated?
Not up the stairs but a long time ago P had to pick me up from the dance floor. I wasn't drunk just a little tipsy and slipped as I was wearing a long evening dress.  Well that's my side of the story.


10.  Seen a movie star in an airport?
Not a movie star but a couple of famous footballers, models and a TV show host.

11.  Walked out of a movie?
Yes. My aunt took me and a friend to the cinema but she took us to see the wrong movie which was The Virgin Soldiers. We left as soon as she saw the title come up.


12.  Sat on a jury?
Yes. It was a rape case of a 15 yer old schoolgirl. On hearing some of the evidence it became apparent to me that it happened very close to home and the girl went to my son's school. The next day I knew one of the witnesses so they excused me.  


13.  Told a child, "Because I said so."
LOL. Don't all mothers.

14.  Ran a cash register in a small grocery store when you were 8 years old?
Yes but only in my own little play fantasy world. (I was 6) An Aunt bought me a cash register for Christmas.

15.  Wrote a eulogy for a parent?

No but wished I had. 

16.  Heard a song you were sure was written and sung just for you?
When I was younger plenty.

17.  Roasted chestnuts on an open fire?
Oh yes. We had an open fire when I was small and Christmas Eve would see us all around the fire roasting chestnuts,

18.  Eaten 44 shrimp at one sitting?
I've only just started liking Tiger prawns so I'd never eat 44 shrimps.

19.  Thrown all phones in a drawer for the entire weekend?
No. I just turn off if I don't want any messages or calls. 


20.  Gone on a vacation all by yourself? 

Nope.

Fun meme Ella. Thanks
.

Ronnie
xx

11 comments:

Roz said...

Enjoyed reading your answers Ronnie. How terrible, the jury trial, and being so close to home!

Hugs
Roz

Cat said...

Thanks for sharing your answers Ronnie. Happy you were able to get off that jury...am sure that would be extremely stressful.

Hugs and blessings...Cat

abby said...

Never too late for one of these...I have one of those scales that lie...
hugs abby

Ella said...

Loved your responses, Ronnie. I always feel that I know someone online a bit better after any meme. The one about jury duty was a sad one. I had to sit through something similar in a juvenile court when I was teaching.

The story on the dance floor made me smile, especially that it was your "side of the story."

Hugs,
Ella

Hermione said...

Ronnie, those were such interesting answers. I think I had a cash register like that too. And I knew a lot of songs written "just for me" when I was young too.

Hugs,
Hermione

Aimless Rambling said...

Love these meme's I like taking a peek into the private lives of blog friends.

ronnie said...

Roz - Had I not known one of the witnesses I wouldn't have been excused. Thanks.

Cat - I could tell it wasn't going to be pleasant. I heard that he was convicted. Thanks.

Abby - What is it with these scales:) Thanks.

Ella - Thanks for such a fun meme. Any more share with us. I was called for another jury stint a month later but was excused.

Hermione - I loved my cash register and played hours with it. Thanks.

SG - Thanks. I agree, love learning a little more about our blog friends.

Love,
Ronnie
xx

Anonymous said...

The scales always lie! Fun to read, but some quirky questions.
bottoms up
Red

ronnie said...

Thanks Red. Loved Ella questions.

Love,
Ronnie
xx

stay at home mom said...

Hi Ronnie, great answers, I am with you on the scales that lie! Many of your answers are like mine; I have never been on a jury, but if that ever happens I hope it is not something like a rape case, that's too awful.

hugs

Nina

Terpsichore said...

So fun to read all your answers to Ella's questions. thanks for sharing. Now if we could just get those scales and tell us what we want to hear :-) Hugs