Wednesday, 10 December 2014

Fifth Annual Great Online Cookie Exchange.....

Started by JZ.

Mince Pie Cookies.

This is an easy peasy Jamie Oliver recipe.

If you're like me you need a cuppa first. So grab your apron and put the kettle on and lets get started....



You will need...

250g unsalted butter, softened
140g sugar
1 egg yolk
Grated zest of 1 clementine (any orange will do)
300g plain flour
1 x 411g jar fruit mincemeat
2 baking trays
Greaseproof paper

Makes 30

Heat the oven to 180C/gas 4
Line 2 baking trays with greaseproof paper.

There will be an egg beaten in this recipe


yes I know have posted it before but it makes me smile

Beat the butter and sugar together in a large bowl until creamy then add the egg yolk and clementine (orange) zest and beat again to combine. 


Sift in the flour

Try not to get flour on your bottom


then fold through most of the mincemeat
Stir until the mixture starts to come together – use your hands to make a dough, if needed.
Pull off little biscuit-sized clumps of dough and space them evenly over the trays and gently press down slightly to shape into cookies.
Dot a little of your saved mince on top of each cookie.
Pop them in the oven for 10 minutes, or till golden but still a bit doughy in the middle.

You can serve warm (delicious)
Or leave them to cool on a wire rack and store them away.

You can shape the dough into biscuits then freeze. 


Now make sure you clean up before your partner gets home or you will be doing it with a sore bottom.



Thanks JZ.

Lots of wonderful recipes for you to try so go check them out.





Ronnie
xx

Egg spanking picture from Au Fil des Jours. Let me know if any of the others are yours.

29 comments:

Autumn said...

That last photo is probably what I would look like if I tried to make these cookies, as I would undoubtedly screw up the recipe trying to convert from grams to cups.

Cat said...

Never heard of mince pie cookies Ronnie...very interesting. The pictures are great...thanks for sharing.

Hugs and blessings...
Cat

abby said...

Love your pictures...and thanks for a new cookie idea.
hugs abby

Roz said...

Love your little side notes and pics Ronnie. Live Christmas mince pies and hadn't heard of mince pie cookies, yum! Thank you for sharing :)

Hugs
Roz

Jz said...

R-
This is a terrific idea!
I do like mince - but only in small doses, so I rarely have any mince pie.
But with these... I could nibble away a little at a time without being socially uncouth.
Score! :-)

Thanks for playing along, Ronnie!

an English Rose said...

Hi Ronnie, I quite fancy having a go at these, think I will do it with clothes on though!
love Jan,xx

Hermione said...

Ronnie, they sound delicious. I'll try them this weekend.

Hugs,
Hermione

Terpsichore said...

You have the best way of sharing recipes :-) Hugs

Leigh Smith said...

I'm handing this over to Ray. As a lover of female bottoms and mince meat, I feel it is only fair.

Never liked mince meat cookies. I used to be fooled as a child thinking they were chocolate chip - I think my dislike began back then.

Great pictures, Ray thanks you.

Minelle Labraun said...

I am planning on making these for my dad! He will love them!
I agree that you share recipes in the best way!!

Katie said...

Hi there Ronnie! :) Your pictures cracked me up and the recipe looks very very yummy! More to try! This is fun! Thanks for sharing. Many hugs,

<3 Katie

Amber Wolfe said...

Seeing this all over, and wish I had known about it sooner. What a yummy idea. Loving all the recipes. xx

Misty said...

:) Love the pictures! And sounds great, thanks for sharing.

Hedone said...

The recipe sounds good enough but I confess I am here for the yummy pictures ;-)

Happy Holidays!

-H

CollaredMom said...

This looks awesome. Always ready for a good Jamie Oliver recipe. Happy Holidays.

Ni Na said...

Hi Ronnie, I have not heard of mince pie cookies yet, but they sound great. I'll definitely try them.

Loved the pictures, the beaten egg is hilarious!

hugs

Nina

mostly mouse said...

Daddy loves mincemeat. Definitely going to try this!

Sofia Hisservant said...

Yikes, i think anything involving mincemeat is beyond my skill level... but they sound delicious! Thanks!

Clara said...

I should try these for my FIL. I'm not a mincemeat fan but he loves it. Love your pictures.

Tom Allen said...

I honestly tried to follow this recipe, but I kept getting sidetracked and distracted by the pictures.

Next year, let's leave them out. The words, I mean - the pictures are fine.

I'll show myself out now.

blossom said...

love all the pics that went along with your recipe Ronnie...laughs love the little beaten egg one..lol...btw...recipe sounds scrummy...smiles

ronnie said...

Autumn - I'd be like her for not cleaning up:) Thanks.

Cat - My pleasure. Thank you.

Abby - You are very welcome. Thanks.

Roz - I hadn't heard of them until I spotted this recipe. Thanks.

JZ - Thanks for organising this JZ. It's been fun. Great recipes posted.

Jan - LOL good idea. Thank you,

Hermione - Hope you enjoy them. Thanks.

Terps - I try:) Thank you.

SG/Ray - Maye you should try these. Glad Ray enjoyed them. Thanks.

Minelle - I hope he does like them. I preferred them warm. Thanks.

Katie - Happy you enjoyed the pics. Thanks.

Amber - Always next year:) Thank you.

Misty - Hello. My pleasure. Thank you.

Hedone - I do like my pictures. Thanks.

CollaredMom - Hello. His recipes are always pretty easy. Thanks.

Nina - I post the picture often because it always makes me smile. Glad you liked it. Thanks.

Mouse - I love anything mince meat. I hope he likes them. Thank you.

Sofia - Hello to you. This one is easy, try it. Thank you.

Clara - If you do I hope he enjoys them. Thanks.

Tom - I wonder why LOL. Like that idea, rimind me of that next year. Thank you.

Love,
Ronnie
xx

ronnie said...

Blossom - The egg one is the best. Thanks.

Love,
Ronnie
xx

Christina said...

Lovely! I like mince but in small doses so in a cookie sounds perfect. Love the pictures but they remind me of the one time I tried to cook naked in the kitchen and ended up getting burnt! LOL

ronnie said...

Christina - Cooking naked, no, not a good idea. Hope you didn't burn yourself too badly. Thanks.

Love,
Ronnie
xx

Blondie said...

I have never had mince meat before. I will give this a try. And clean up afterward, maybe

ronnie said...

Blondie - No, leave the mess and see what happens:) Thanks.

Love,
Ronnie
xx

Enzo said...

Sounds like a great idea and great recipe.
I don't bake, but I love cookies and most importantly I love to supervise!

ronnie said...

Enzo - And I bet a good supervisor:) Thanks.

Love,
Ronnie
xx