Last Monday I met a spanko face to face. First time for me. She is a reader and comments around blogland and is considering starting her own blog. I hope she does because it will be enjoyed.
We've been emailing for a while and as she was going to be in my neck of the woods suggested we meet for dinner and, for the first time ever, I agreed.
We decided to eat at Jamie Olivers Italian in Birmingham city.
We were like a couple of schoolgirls, laughing and giggling especially when we saw wooden boards around the restaurant.
And thinking of their uses.
She's lovely, open and friendly, a working mom with a family who are clearly her pride and joy.
She shared some secrets about her husband, a very busy man and I had to laugh when, not long into starters, she received an urgent text message - "Bet that's from hubby, checking up on you" - and it was indeed but not checking on her, he was looking after the kids and they were out of cling film and he didn't know where it was kept, (he needed it for his packed lunch) then can you believe it 15 minute later another txt to say he couldn't find the kids swimming things. How normal and how nice and, hey all you men out there, can't you do anything without us:)
I know you have to be careful meeting people you've only known online, but after a while maybe you build up confidence and take the plunge. In this case I'm glad I did and I know we'll meet again.
Thank you for a wonderful and fun evening Sarah.
A couple of days after our meeting she sent me this lovely email I'd like to share with you.....
Letter to a well spanked, well loved, friend :
What do you think the bystanders made of us ? Meeting, hugging, chatting, laughing, reflecting, listening----arm in arm walking and sharing gifts and fine wine and food ? All with our delicious mutual 'secret'----we are happily married, middle aged women who are spanked by our husbands ?
Who knows ?
Who CARES ?
We're content, loved and cared for...and whilst TTWD is not 'perfect ' it's as near as perfect can ever be in the world we live.
And, dear Ronnie, I'd like to thank you for these things :
1. For my gifts --- so carefully chosen both for me and for Peter (he LOVES the heart shaped wooden spoon)...um, I'll maybe grow to love it Thinking smile emoticon
3. For making me roar with laughter (so wise of you to move to that private table....and I was pleasantly surprised how easily our conversation developed about....well...EVERYTHING )
4. For reminding me how fortunate I am to have this lifestyle and people to share it with....and with you....face to face.....a HUGE added bonus...
5. For reminding me about protecting myself emotionally and practically....and for not judging me to be lame for not having my own blog (yet !)
6. For expressing your delight at my home made summer picnic for you and P to enjoy ---- in lieu of your summer holiday. Did you enjoy the panetone summer fruits pudding? Were the date and walnut scones light enough? was the Belgian chocolate crunch slice chocolatey enough ? And MOST IMPORTANTLY did you plan your summer spanking on the strength of it ? !
7. For listening to me wax lyrical about my family....yep, I'm smitten...let's leave it at that, shall we ? !
8. For sparing me an evening with works colleagues who enjoy nights away from home in a wholly different way to me. I mean, meeting a spanko or dining with a bunch of lawyers....it really was a no-brainer !
9. For sharing worries about responsibilities you have for your own family members. And believe me as I work largely with mad, bad and ill adults and children I forever see the darkest shades of human nature. Your sense of commitment is refreshingly unique.
10. For reassuring me that we will meet again and hopefully embrace a meeting with American bloggers in August 2013.
11. For making me realise just how much my life has moved on since I typed 'spanking ' into goggle 3 years ago Winking smile emoticon.
The rest, as they say, is history...
And for all readers, believe me when I say that Ronnie is the real Mc Coy....funny and warm and caring and REAL. She says it like it is and lives it like she wants to.
And she knows that she is as lucky as me.
4 February 2013 ---Jamie Oliver's Restaurant in Birmingham, UK --- we were THERE. Wish you had been able to join us too.
Sarah,LD, UK xxx
Have a good week.