Wednesday 16 November 2011

Dump the Orgasm

Hot off the press - well it was the Sunday Times last weekend actually.

Their reporter, Clover Stroud, attended a sex talk organised by Coco de Mer's founder Sam Roddick. The talk was about the 'Painful Pleasures of Sensual Sex Scenes and Spanking'.

OK so it got my attention. Some of you will know about Coco de Mer, it's a super expensive but lovely quality London sex shop, I've been there (in fact I've got one of their wooden rulers) and wrote about it HERE.



Now they're giving seminars at £69 a time (69 - catchy number eh) and apparently they're selling well.

Ms Rodddick says she'd like to 'dump the orgasm as the primary goal in sex and, instead, encourage people to teach themselves about feeling and conduct'. The article doesn't say in what way exactly people should do that, I can only assume the reporter may have mis-heard Sam's advice and perhaps she meant 'mis-conduct', which would certainly be relevant to spanking and 'feeling' could be...well...there is quite a lot of it during a spanking.

At the end of the article the reporter points out that Ms Roddick applauds the girl sitting on the chair next to her, her name was Anna, for conscientiously taking note throughout the spanking talk. Presumably Sam will be well equipped to begin receiving or giving at the earliest opportunity. Ms Roddick concludes with 'We educate ourselves about cooking, gardening, architecture and literature, so why not sex?', to which the reporter comments 'Sounds like my kind of homework'.

I told P about it, I said perhaps I ought to attend one of the talks. He laughed and said I should be giving the talk, I get enough practice.


Also seminars on how to become 'The Mistress in the Bedroom.'


Ronnie
xx

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

ronnie,

Instead of attending a seminar listening to someone blather on and on about sex I'd rather be having it. Also, no way would I agree to dump the orgasm;)!

Love,
Kitty

maui girl said...

Hear, hear! What Kitty said. :)

richardmt said...

All some ready-to-go people need is a picture of the current heart-throb, and they're off and running.

However, most of us, from time to
time, need a little help from our
friends.

Anonymous said...

From what I have read on your blog, you should be a speaker at the seminars.

PK said...

I have something new to add to my 'to do' list if I ever get to visit the UK. And I'd be perfectly happy if you were giving the lecture!

Hugs,
PK

Hermione said...

"My kind of homework" -LOL! How nice to be able to attend seminars on our favourite pastime. Londoners have it all!

Hugs,
Hermione

faerie wings said...

The seminar would be interesting, I always like to learn new things. But, dump the orgasm? I don't think so. LOL.

ronnie said...

Kitty/Maui girl - I think she wasn't actually saying "dump the orgasm" altogether but not to get too hung up about them. You know some woment have never experienced an orgasm. Thanks both.

Richard - We certainly do need a little help from time to time. "A littel help from my friends" is one of my favourite Joe Cocker songs:) Thanks Richard.

Joey - Kind of you to say. I've done public speaking and I hate it.

PK - LOL if you come to the UK, I'll book it:) Thanks,

Hermione - It could be fun or totally boring and a waste of money:) Thanks Hermione.

Faerie - I actually wouldn't mind attending or may the seminar on being the mistress in the bedroom LOL. Thanks.

Love,
Ronnie
xx

SPANKEDHORTIC II said...

OK where do I apply for employment as a teaching aid for one of her spanking seminars? :)

Prefectdt

Anonymous said...

I'm a Guardian gal myself but maybe I should change my paper of choice !Sarah,LD,UK

ronnie said...

Prefectd - Follow the link, maybe Mistress Absolute who will be holding that seminar is currently recruiting:) Thanks Pref.

Sarah - I find some good info from the Times:) Thanks Sarah.

Love,
Ronnie
xx

Florida Dom said...

Ronnie: As far as dumping the orgasm. is her point that sometimes if you focus too much on that, you don't focus enough on the journey?

And I'd love to hear your lecture, Ronnie. LOL.

Somebody should put together a kinky guidebook to London.

FD

Florida Dom said...

Ronnie: As far as dumping the orgasm. is her point that sometimes if you focus too much on that, you don't focus enough on the journey?

And I'd love to hear your lecture, Ronnie. LOL.

Somebody should put together a kinky guidebook to London.

A few things to do after you've seen the tower and Windsor Castle and Churchill's WWII office.

FD

ronnie said...

FD - Yes I think that was her point though she didn't go into it fully.

I think a kinky guide book to London would be a big seller:)

There's an erotic exhibition this weekend in London. I mentioned it to P who has since said we wont be going as he thinks it could be boring :((apparently he looked it up on line)

Thanks FD.

Love,
Ronnie
xx

1ManView said...

I understand the statement about too much attention to the orgasm. Most sex articles lean towards having an great orgasm at the end of an sex act. I do have a question that's not exactly on this topic... A lot of articles say that only half of the women can achieve an orgasm. Then why does every blog I read (sexual) the women say they have an orgasm. Or the men say, they gave her an orgasm. And yes, I'm in the mix with my poetry... I have dated one person who came right out and said she couldn't achieve orgasm from the start. She was one of the most sexiest and aggressive persons I ever dated. From her moans and groans and body shudders, you couldn't tell she didn't have orgasm. My point is were are these women? Are they hiding among us in silence? If so, why? I would like to hear from those who can not achieve an orgasm, and hear about their sexual world. Maybe you can put that question out there and see if there is any response. And if you have some insight on it, please enlighten my curiosity... I knew the lady I dated since we were kids, and she acted like she dropped a bomb on me when she told me she could not achieve orgasm. I was taken back when I saw that worried look of rejection on her face. Is that one of the reason they are silent? This question has ben eating at me a long time, and I have tried to find some first hand information on it... Ok, it bugs me, so if you can, help me out here Ronnie, i would appreciate it...

Thanks
1manview

Anonymous said...

education is always good, and this is exceptionally good for people wondering but not having teh nerve to discuss or try with their partner. And I agree that you should be giving the seminar... Can I attend...
Red